#126265  by czyfingers

He has over a hundred guitars because he's Bobby. Is there really anything conventional and normal about him? Doesn't seem so to me. Not to mention....if the main thing in your life for the better part of 50 years has been playing guitar and you've got lots and lots of money, (like Bob obviously does) why not have a hundred or so guitars? They're cool and fun to collect and play with. Hell, I'm just a working stiff and I think I have 10. For me, other than his cool unconventional and interesting playing style, a big part of the allure about Bob is his "different" personality and all his futzing and quirkiness. It's been revealed a lot since the advent of TRI. He doesn't seem to give a crap about what anyone thinks at this stage of the game and I don't blame him. He's got nothing to prove and he's still going out of his way to put his music out there for the masses. I like it. Thank you Bob and keep it up. Play what ever god dam guitar strikes you on a given day. As it was mentioned...he makes them all sound the same any way. :)
 #126449  by Jtgr8ful

Dozin wrote:The 3 toggles are just on off switches. The mini humbuckers are wired to the 3rd pot on the guitar, which is a stack dual gang pot. It's designed to split the 2 mini-humbuckers from humbuckers to single coils. Since it's a potentiometer half of the humbucker is cancelling out depending on how much sweep from the pot. All the way clockwise full humbuckers, couterclockwise single coils.

Does that help?

This is exactly how the Modulus Genesis 3 I have with Mini Humbuckers is wired. It's really a very usable, well thought out way to get a great tonal variety from 1 guitar.