#126163  by Dozin

One set of wires are sent to ground. That's how the pot works too.
 #126166  by Tennessee Jedi

gr8fullfred wrote:It is difficult for me to understand why someone would be interested in trying to replicate any particular Bobby guitar,
Because you can only play one guitar at one time ; might as well pick a tone you like ?
 #126169  by Sparechaynge

Just for clarification, is each pickup controlled by each pot, or are they both wired to one and the other does something else? If the circuit were to be engaged, that is.
 #126171  by Dozin

If it were attached only that 1 pot. The others are tone and volume.
 #126192  by shadowboxer

I didn't realize that there was a tele/broadcaster pickup in the bridge position of the blue Modulus. Guess I had not looked closely enough at pictures.

I agree totally with the earlier response that trying to replicate a Bob guitar is kind of pointless because there are so many different guitar periods. Also, his sound is so effects-driven that the true sound of the guitar is masked to a great extent. The era of the Europe 72 Gibson sound may be the last time when he played clean and straight into the amp.

I'm surprised that, for a custom made guitar, the Modulus doesn't have a boutique brand of pickup.

Finally, I was always under the impression that the minihumbucker was a lesser cousin to the full sized PAF humbucker. But after looking up some examples on youtube of mini's in the tele neck position, I think I might want one in a future guitar.
 #126198  by Dozin

I totally disagree with the statement

First 10 years - Gibson
The next 10 - ibanez
The next 10 - modulus
The next 10. - blue modulus

Makes perfect sense depending on your flavor
 #126244  by gr8fullfred

First 10 years - Gibson
The next 10 - ibanez
The next 10 - modulus
The next 10. - blue modulus
Plus Strats, Les Pauls, Casio midi guitar, and others I am pretty sure.

Of course I have to admit I did not pay all that much attention, I paid more attention to the other guy.
 #126247  by Dozin

Strats and les Paul's are irrelevant. Hardly ever played until now. The Casio had blackknife pickups. You could even say a blackknife with a midi system.
 #126248  by strumminsix

Dozin wrote:The Casio had blackknife pickups.
What are Blackknife pickups? I've owned 2 Modulus guitars: Genesis had Dimarzios and BK had EMG.
 #126249  by Dozin

EMG's or Bartilini's with a SPC control is considered Blackknife electronics. The Genesis = Ratdog era
 #126250  by gr8fullfred

What about the pink pepto guitar, that was a strat right?

And what is it with Bobby anyway, can't he find a guitar he likes? Why so many guitars?

How many guitars does Bobby have anyway, hundreds?
 #126253  by Dozin

The pink guitar, Casio, his first couple blackknifes had strat style bodies with graphite modulus necks. Electronics have been pretty close to the same.

Yes, bobby has a hundred plus guitars. When Rich went hunting at the warehouse for the 87 cocobola blackknife to copy. he said he had to open up over a hundred cases and he never found it. I told him that his prize guitars are in his house. Booby took out the studio and converted it to a study/office and he hung his favorite guitars on the walls. I don't know how many guitars are there but judging from the Macintosh video he did I would say quite a few. I was told he even has them going down the hallway.