#120243  by Sparechaynge

As a part of the Audio Engineering Society conference, I took a tour of TRI studios and got to meet Mr. Weir and his studio heads. Bob couldn't have been nicer and gave an excellent tour of the facility.

I had the opportunity to talk to him a little, and when I asked him about his sound in Furthur (treble/too low in the mix) he asked when I last saw the band, and then explained with a chuckle that his sound would be improving significantly in the coming months. Glad to hear it!
TRI is an unbelievable studio, and his demo of the Meyer system was great. He let the group play with it for a while.

Thanks Bobby!
 #120445  by zambiland

Man, I gotta make it out to one of those one of these years.
 #120457  by Sparechaynge

I can highly recommend it. I was told later that Bob hosted a gathering the night before for some AES folks, and played a short set in the main studio. What a world out there, huh?
 #120478  by brbadg

Funny,I thought we were hearing Bob better than ever.Maybe I just had good seats.I don't have a problem with his sound these days.
 #120479  by Smolder

Sparechaynge wrote:...and then explained with a chuckle that his sound would be improving significantly in the coming months...

man, if that's not a teaser... would love to go back in time and hear that guy better... can't wait to know what he's got up his sleeve.
 #120497  by Sparechaynge

Bob said that part of the issue with his sound stemmed from his use of in-ear monitors to control his rig, rather than the stage volume itself. He said that he will no longer use monitors of any kind for the instruments, and set his tone according to how it sounds with the rest of the band, not how it sounds semi-isolated in headphones. I like his sound too, it's just that it's a little quite and thin-sounding. I can't wait for the spring tour!