#101006  by Deadhead85

Hey now!

Well, this is my first post. However, I have been scanning these forums for a very long time, gaining loads of incredible information. My browser is finally allowing me to login, AND post!! Anyway, I've been working on making a Cowboy Strat...got the pups, toggles etc. Its all wired up but theres a ground issue somewhere along the line, that I can't locate. It sounds very close to the Cowboy as it is now, but was wondering if anyone here has an actual schematic that I could go off?? It would be GREATLY appreciated!!
 #101016  by Deadhead85

I've looked through that thread many times, trust me! Thats one of the threads that got me started with the cowboy project. :-)

If I could get that schematic, that would incredible man...just want something to base my work from, and get the closest tone I can get. For pickups, I've got..

Dimarzio Virtual PAF DP196 (neck)
Dimarzio Virtual Vintage DP410 2.2 (middle)
Dimarzio Virtual PAF DP197 (bridge)

pretty much the same pups as cowboy (and the poor man's cowboy)
 #101020  by CoolBreeze

mkaufman wrote:PM me your email address & I'll send you the Cowboy schematics that I have from Ibanez.

mk
And that's why this place rocks!
 #104490  by Deadhead85

Well, Ive got my strat wired up to the schematic....it looks and sounds amazing! My only question is in regards to the mid pup. I wired it out of phase as it was in the schematic, but was wondering how crucial, or how much of a difference it makes to flip the pickup around? Ive seen where some folks leave it, others flip it. Any thoughts or input will be greatly appreciated! I'll be sure to post pics soon! Thanks again for the schematic MK!
 #104518  by mkaufman

When I first wired up my guitar, I had the middle guitar wired 'normally' which resulted in a nasally out of phase sound. Reversing the wires resolved the issue. I don't think the pickup itself was flipped.

However, the neck pickup was flipped. IIRC correctly, the adjustable poles are closer to the neck on the neck pickup and closer to the bridge on the bridge pickup.

Let's hear & see your guitar!

mk