#100747  by Phil Lesh101

Eeeeeee- Thankyou for inspiring me to put the pictures up! :lol:
If you havent seen them There under the Phil Sound" ~~ Phil And His Machines ( Pictures!)
 #125983  by TRG

strumminsix wrote:I very much love this new setup and get some killer Bobby type tones. A cmatmods deeelay in back with an Emma, Calinbread Serrano Picaso, Barber LTD SR, and Maxon PH-350. I know some folks swear by the flanger and I agree it was present alot but the swishy from the 350 really gets you there IMO.

Hey Strummin, wondering if you could share what settings you are using on the SMS to get Bobby tones? I already have an SMS and dialed in for Jerry (i.e. bass off, treble maxed, etc...), but the "Bobby" in our band was considering one and I was curious to the settings that one would dial in for Bobby?? Thanks!
 #125988  by strumminsix

TRG wrote:
strumminsix wrote:I very much love this new setup and get some killer Bobby type tones. A cmatmods deeelay in back with an Emma, Calinbread Serrano Picaso, Barber LTD SR, and Maxon PH-350. I know some folks swear by the flanger and I agree it was present alot but the swishy from the 350 really gets you there IMO.

Hey Strummin, wondering if you could share what settings you are using on the SMS to get Bobby tones? I already have an SMS and dialed in for Jerry (i.e. bass off, treble maxed, etc...), but the "Bobby" in our band was considering one and I was curious to the settings that one would dial in for Bobby?? Thanks!
It changes room to room, of course, but conceptually:
- I feel that chime is in the PRESENCE range so between high mids and low treble
- Bobby's best tone was around 76 where he still had low end, but also tons of chime, but not all chime like later years

To get around there:
- Bright switch = off, to my ears this is really more of a boost to the upper end/high treble and too much high end which masks chime
- Bass around 1, so I don't need to boost the mids
- Mids around 3, so there is just enough to sound full in the lower range
- Treble around 8, and with the interaction in the tone stack this seems to really make the chimey presence stand out loud and proud!

Of course my main axe is very bright to begin with and has mini humbuckers so again, brighter. And also have my neck pickup about 3/4" closer to bridge so that helps too!

Maybe this'll help!
 #125993  by TRG

strumminsix wrote:
TRG wrote:

It changes room to room, of course, but conceptually:
- I feel that chime is in the PRESENCE range so between high mids and low treble
- Bobby's best tone was around 76 where he still had low end, but also tons of chime, but not all chime like later years

To get around there:
- Bright switch = off, to my ears this is really more of a boost to the upper end/high treble and too much high end which masks chime
- Bass around 1, so I don't need to boost the mids
- Mids around 3, so there is just enough to sound full in the lower range
- Treble around 8, and with the interaction in the tone stack this seems to really make the chimey presence stand out loud and proud!

Of course my main axe is very bright to begin with and has mini humbuckers so again, brighter. And also have my neck pickup about 3/4" closer to bridge so that helps too!

Maybe this'll help!
Perfect, thanks much!