#108035  by Dozin

mkaufman wrote:So, the amp Weir is using is the AC30HW2X with which Tone Tubby speakers?

mk

Yes
 #108040  by Dozin

Tone Tubby 40/40

#108043  by Stone

strumminsix wrote:
So I'd speculate that this is less about the "feel" that folks say and more about him represented in both mixes.

Interesting stuff, TRI and a live environment are apples and oranges so what works good in there wont always work at Allstate Arena (worse one I could think of). And does it really take two baffled cabs backwards just represent him on stage? The back of JK's cab is also baffled to eliminate bleed (probably for Jeff and Sunshine's mics) and he is not on IEM's at all with two wedges (read:loud). Id be interested to talk with there monitor engineer. Based on my experience with stages that big between the effects of a large FOH and room combined with a mix of wedges and IEM's makes for a inconsistent and terrible sounding stage to mix in for an ambient source. Especially when properly placed mics (and a monitor processing) could prove a higher quality feed. Then again when working with older half deaf artist sometimes anything goes. Elton Johns monitors would be overkill for FOH at most smallish gigs :cool:
 #108049  by racecar

mkaufman wrote:In the picture with Phil & Bob, they look like Tone Tubbies. In the stock amp picture, they are definitely Celestion Blues.

mk
+1 totally agree.
 #108064  by Phil Lesh101

If i'm not completely crazy that amp is an Oldfeild. Well for the first 10 seconds look behind bob at his feet it could be a Vox.
 #108065  by Dozin

Read above about TRI
 #108102  by Phil Lesh101

I already read it, I was answering someones question. ^ "What amp did bobby use at Scaring the Children"
 #109429  by TI4-1009

From new Guitar World article:

"The guitars run into a Lectrosonic R400 wireless, with a three-in-one switcher that allows it to be used by all three guitars, and into a DigiDesign Eleven rack.

Weir's effects include a TC Electronic G-Force (used mainly for delays), an Electro-Harmonics Bi-Filter, a Roland MIDI foot controller, a Meyers CP-10 equilizer and an Avalon VT-747SP vacuum-tube equilizer with a tube signal path and a gain boost. From there the signal splits into a Mesa Boogie 2100 Rectifier stereo amp and into two Vox cabinets.

"Those speakers onstage are purely for stage sound- the signal is going straight to DI" explains Weir's tech A.J. Santella. "The front end is pretty much an AC30 sound. He's on the never-ending search fro the perfect tone and a bulletproof package, and it's always changing.""
 #110105  by FBlades95

Bobby is always changing around his setup. With Furthur, he usually plays through 2 Mesa Boogie Stereo Rectifier rackmount amps, and then he goes BOTH out to the board via DI box AND to the Vox cabs, not amps. The cabs are purely for stage sound, and are not mic'd. Those Oldfields were just used to record at TRI, Which I'm sure the vast array of the questionable, little, boutique combo amps are used for as well.
Happy jamming! :wink: