#92066  by TI4-1009

Any phaser examples?
 #92074  by crazyfingerssotm

I don't have a complete list by any means, but to the above post on the phase...

Candyman

Also I hear it in JGB like in Waiting for a Miracle, Dear Prudence (maybe?). Unless I am off base, that Phase pedal didn't get used a whole lot.

I am curious about how and when he mixes pedal effects. Mutron + Octave Divider, or Octave and Distortion, etc.

Looks Like Rain has octave divider in certain parts, some UJB's do too, sometimes I hear it in Playin' as well. Sometimes I hear it on during Fire on the Mountain outros, but I could be hearing things.

I hear alot of Analog delay in later solos. That is one pedal I don't have.
 #92078  by JonnyBoy

of coarse hes in Mutron mode here in the beginning

Then shuts off the muII and goes clean about 1:37

Then back on 20 seconds later

Off during singing then back on for solo's about 3:00

Back off about 5:00

Back on 6:26 with octave divider and muIII

At 6:30 turns off MuII and adds low octave + High until end....

#92348  by TI4-1009

Mutron songs:

Dancin
Estimated
Shakedown
Greatest Story
Dupree's
Playin- jam
Fire

Do I hear just a little Mutron in the recorded Althea? Intro, fills, but not solo?
 #92637  by ampegbassplayer1969

So if we really want to take this project seriously, we should create a Wiki for it.

http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

We could create GD Gearhead wiki pages that anyone can edit to be a good starting point for gear information.

If all of us had this project that we could pick away at in our free time, we could create a massive database of easily obtainable information.
 #92648  by tigerstrat

barefootdave wrote:Yes, there is typically mutron used on Althea
I don't remember any mutron used by Garcia on any Althea I can think of. Weir might be a different story, with slide + AF-9, and maybe wah on Brent's Rhodes on the early ones...?
 #92688  by TI4-1009

I never noticed it live, only on the Go To Heaven recorded version. Not real heavy, and not on the solo, but the lick and fills seem to have it.
 #92691  by tigerstrat

TI4-1009 wrote:I never noticed it live, only on the Go To Heaven recorded version. Not real heavy, and not on the solo, but the lick and fills seem to have it.

I'll take your word for it: I almost never listen to GD albums, and if I did, GTH would be near the bottom my list. However, in listening to a few different live ones, it was interesting to note Bobby using light envelope with slide in most of them.
 #92694  by TI4-1009

I never listen to the albums either, but at work I have the Sirius Grateful Dead channel on for at least six hours a day, so these things do come up. And it is sometimes pretty neat to hear a little gem from an album that never made it into the live rotation. They've been playing Rosemary lately and I just drop everything and turn it up.
 #92944  by tigerstrat

crazyfingerssotm wrote:I don't have a complete list by any means, but to the above post on the phase...

Candyman

Also I hear it in JGB like in Waiting for a Miracle, Dear Prudence (maybe?). Unless I am off base, that Phase pedal didn't get used a whole lot.
I hear phase more and more, perhaps more in JGB than GD... lots of tunes have it. Sisters & Brothers, Sugaree, Strugglin' Man, Shining Star... maybe just "S" songs.
 #92945  by tigerstrat

seamones wrote:What did Bobby use on the jam in later model Cassidy's?

from 2:55 to 3:00 is a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]l5_PMEo6bmo[/youtube]

Also what does Bob use for that semi distortion sound on Black Throated Wind ala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]r73DKeXzPfI[/youtube]

Thanks,
fixed (left the extraneous code in to illustrate how it's done)