#124816  by gpilcher2001

lunasparks wrote:
jeager wrote:+ 1 on the Amplitube application. I just downloaded the Fender Amps version last night, with a good pair of head phones and/or studio monitors hooked up to my computer it very good. Just take the fender 65 twin preset and boost treble and cut bass, crank up the verb a bit and your ready to go. Great way to play while listening to/transcribing parts from the recordings. As bedroom as you can get and simple to plug in and play...my real rig will be getting more rest at home.
I have Amplitube via the iRig and mostly agree with above ... but fair warning: my buffered guitar won't work through the iRig for some reason. Strat hooks up just fine and I practice with it, especially outside during summer. Just a bummer that it doesn't work with my "real" guitar....
Thats a bummer about your buffered guitar! Mine works just fine but i'm going into my lap top. Amplitube suggest that you use your guitar at full volume. I use mine with and old ground control and two expression pedals. I run the volume with pedals in the program and create presets. As far as the models I've found that the stock american clean 2 preamp, 6L6 power section, and the d120 cab sounds more true than the twin model. It can be pretty difficult to dial sounds in it just depends on your effects. Definetly not like an amp and pedal board. But if you dont mind spending the time creating presets its a great tool for good tone at quiet levels. Greg...
 #124837  by mgbills

My buffered guitars work just fine. I, too, like the Twin Reverb setting as described above. It's a practice tool, so I'm not really using the OBEL. Like the idea of using a Ground Control with that. How do you connect it?

I do put my Boss Looper between the guitar & the iPad...just because it doesn't really have a decent looping function.
 #124852  by gpilcher2001

mgbills wrote:My buffered guitars work just fine. I, too, like the Twin Reverb setting as described above. It's a practice tool, so I'm not really using the OBEL. Like the idea of using a Ground Control with that. How do you connect it?

I do put my Boss Looper between the guitar & the iPad...just because it doesn't really have a decent looping function.
With this thing. http://m.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio,MIDI- ... .gc?ipp=15. You need more than one usb hub on your computer. It can a pain to get used to. I havent totally mastered programing the expresion pedals yet but have figured out how to program presets. The volume and wah were easy to claibrate. The midi learn takes care of that. It also has a global midi setting section. So once you set volume and wah it applies to all presets. You can go deeper with setting minimum maximum with the expresion pedals but havent gotten that far. Greg...