#90433  by JonnyBoy

That is just beautiful. I would really like to do that myself, that is find a vantage or MC3-400 and go to work. It turned out nicer than I thought it would, and I had high expectations then! :cool:
 #90438  by tcsned

congrats! That's one sweet axe.
 #90443  by jdsmodulus

NIce job! why not replace that cloud tail with a new one? You can find them in silver?
 #90445  by Tennessee Jedi

jdsmodulus wrote:NIce job! why not replace that cloud tail with a new one? You can find them in silver?
Just decided to go without one for looks ....
:D
 #90447  by Tennessee Jedi

The headstock was gonna have this inlay but the guy I ordered it from made it a tad too big.
Inlay guy said he will make it fit/re-do it. He lives near me so no biggie.
Last edited by Tennessee Jedi on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #90449  by Grateful Dad

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Image
The headstock was gonna have this inlay but the guy I ordered it from made it a tad too big.
Inlay guy said he will make it fit/re-do it. He lives near me so no biggie.
DUUUUDE! It's finally done?
When are we playing?
I'll be totaly free after a week from this friday-school's out for me!

Who is doing the inlay work? My Artist is getting an overhaul and I would like to personalize it with an inlay.

Again, all the best with the Frankenwolf!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 #90452  by milobender

jdsmodulus wrote:NIce job! why not replace that cloud tail with a new one? You can find them in silver?
The original chrome piece is in good shape... just left it off for looks... You can see the screw-hole plugs if you look closely. The wolf is spaced so that the piece can go back on if Tom decides he likes it better that way. The bridge and tailpiece are original.
 #90453  by milobender

milobender wrote:As a note of interest:

I had the 3 input/signal paths/options, (passive, UGB, and Stratoblaster) seperated in the switching (truly bypassed)... but I had the output/signal paths all combined at the center lug of the main volume (without being seperated by switch)... which created a major tone sucking situation. Both the UGB and the Stratoblaster take all the highs from the passive pup signal. So... builders beware, :D seperate your signal paths with true bypass switching if you plan to combine like I have :D

Brian
Well, to correct this situation, we've decided to scrap the red LED function (Green and Blue still indicate UGB/SB choice), and use it's switch connections to make the Passive Mode selection 'truly bypassed'... hate to see it go, but the sound is, of course, more important... other options would require ordering different parts, and Tom's been amazingly patient already :cool: :cool: So, a bit of rewiring tonight... Time to play that thing! :D :smile: :D
Last edited by milobender on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #90457  by strumminsix

I love it! And think no cloud is the right choice!