#88185  by Rusty the Scoob

Can't wait to see the pics when I get home!
Tennessee Jedi wrote:ugggggghhh.
:|
Wonder if you will beat us 3 x again this year ???????
Looks like the only team the Cowboys will beat 3x this year is themselves! :lol:
 #88186  by Tennessee Jedi

Bri -
THANKS MAN LOVE YA
:smile:
The " All RUKIND " rig nears completion ....
Waldos secret sauce ... Hogan cab ..... Brian's guitar re-hab .....
Just need Brads SMS oh yeah oh yeah
Gotta say 2010 has not been a good year for me - but the RUKIND buds are doing their best to put a smile on my face
 #88500  by Tennessee Jedi

Thanks man -
Yeah man cant wait to ditch the Strat ... Super 2's ... OBEL ... gonna be a big change in sound ...
I'm really digging yours - what a great thread - I should be more hands on ..... very inspirational
 #88501  by jdsmodulus

the Ibanez looks great. I am so into this! Like I said before Im real close to getting my build on...Im still looking fo another musician. Its a daily process!!!
 #88523  by joethepainter

Hey mr. Jedi! I really like that natural top...that's a thing of beauty, dude :cool:
You may have already answered this, but when's the due date?
 #88526  by Tennessee Jedi

joethepainter wrote:Hey mr. Jedi! I really like that natural top...that's a thing of beauty, dude :cool:
You may have already answered this, but when's the due date?
Thanks Joe
Yeah man this Beast started life as Ibanez Musician with some Dark Stain finish ....
Bri said the Beast will be done in a month
Anytime you wanna check it out just hit me up
:D
 #88542  by jkstraw

Man between you and USBLUES I am going to have to cut in to my 300NT!! That latest pic is unreal!! It is going to be one sweet guitar man! Congrats to you - it is going to be something else to see it with the controls and PUPs in.
 #88556  by Tennessee Jedi

jkstraw wrote:Man between you and USBLUES I am going to have to cut in to my 300NT!! That latest pic is unreal!! It is going to be one sweet guitar man! Congrats to you - it is going to be something else to see it with the controls and PUPs in.
I'm thinking of just leaving it the way it is since it looks so nice.
:D
It looks like a NT now ....
yeah man cant wait
 #88563  by dleonard

Dude, that guitar looks great. Removing the original stain seems gutsy, but it turned out perfect. Do you know how much of a process it was to remove the finish on the guitar? Reason I ask is that I'd like to find a cheapy and mess around with it. Sort of a mod-practice guitar.
 #88565  by milobender

I just rough sanded the entire body, left the neck finish alone... The stain is gnarly... and it goes pretty deep in some places. There are a few places where the stain went very deep, deeper than I wanted to chase, so if you look close there are a few spots of grain where the stain still lives... but just tiny spots. It's lookin fine.

Brian
 #88567  by Tennessee Jedi

dleonard wrote:Dude, that guitar looks great. Removing the original stain seems gutsy, but it turned out perfect. Do you know how much of a process it was to remove the finish on the guitar? Reason I ask is that I'd like to find a cheapy and mess around with it. Sort of a mod-practice guitar.
Hmmmmmm .... mine had deep pock marks on the back that took a ton of sanding to remove I believe ..... The finish process a apply finish/sand over and over .....
Maybe Bri will chime in
Anytime you wanna check it out let me know ....