#159120  by TI4-1009

I'm like 80/20 pro Phil. I got my Tiger 5 or 6 years ago and still really like it. Phil was fine to communicate with via email. The build took longer than expected and I was being impatient with a custom build, so that made me edgy (my bad). I ordered it without electronics to save a little money- plus I enjoy doing that kind of work.

I have Gibsons, Fenders, Gretsches, Epiphones, etc., plus I've built a few from kits (Precision Guitar). Excepting maybe my Martin D-18 GE, the Tiger is the most professional build I have. Not perfect- and it has one major design flaw (not enough headstock angle). I've done some mods to it to over the years get it closer to what I like (nut, bridge, tailpiece, knobs, jackplate). But it is by far the best VALUE (amount of guitar for money spent) that I own. I've been a Tiger geek since I saw it at its 7th show in 1979. I've wanted one ever since, but copies were way out of my price range. My Phiga gets me 90%+ there for a fraction of what most of the others cost. It's a player, not a wall hanger. (And yeah, it's a lefty).

Phil has evolved as a builder, and I've seen better Phiga Tigers than mine, but it's still a heck of a guitar.

#159124  by Searing75

Love my Phiga Bolt! Circa 2007. I bought it used for $1,300.
 #159192  by mikelawson

Again, your mileage may vary, but the debut of the Tiger from Phil Gawen last night in Nashville went great. It played and sounded amazing. It looks great. For the record, I did have my tech go through it, as well as all of them at one point, and double-check everything, tighten up some bolts and meter-read solder joints. I don't have all three at the show, typically, but I had gone to my tech's shop prior to the show, where he had fixed the custom cable I had made to accommodate the OBEL and Main out, along with the MIDI cable, and also replaced a chip in the OBEL of the Bolt that had fried.

Some of you have had experiences that were pathetic, but for me, everything was copacetic. We are at Acme Feed and Seed on Broadway in Nashville every other Monday through 2018, so if you're in town, feel free to come by and see them, hold them, look them over. http://www.theacmenashville.com
 #159200  by tcsned

Those are some pretty geetars all lined up. I've never played one of Phil's guitars but his woodwork and inlay are pretty badass IMHO.