Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#158061  by hippieguy1954
 Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 am
BTW, thanks for the demo. My impression too. Takes time to notice subtle differences. I'm looking forward to comparing the Micro-Tron to the Tru-Tron.
 #158063  by MattMan
 Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am
Yup it's definitely got the characteristic Mike Bigel opto filter Jerry mu that we're looking for. As with the mutron it's very sensitive to subtle adjustments in peak and gain. I left the level up to full the match output level of the mutron. Will prepare some close mic'd comparisons shortly. Much easier to here the tone with "soundboard" recording. Enjoy when you get it.
 #158064  by golfnutt
 Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:11 am
very cool and thanks for sharing...... I am hoping to do my own comparison on Friday if the tracking info is correct :)
 #158065  by Jedstein
 Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 am
Thanks for the comparison, Matt. I got the Micro-tron a couple days ago. I love it -- but don't have a Mu (or Tru-tron) to compare it to -- so this demo helps. Super close. I will say that the Micro-tron is a big step up from the Q. I did the Waldo mod on the Q, which definitely helped open it up (and was well-worth doing), but with the Mu, for the first time, I feel like I have a pedal that really quacks the way I want it to.
 #158068  by ccw3432
 Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 pm
the micro tron sounds a little brighter and a little less horn like to my ears. Thanks for posting. this is the first comparison I've heard. Looking forward to some a/b with a close mic.
 #158081  by Brandon Bowlds
 Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:42 am
The Shakedown clip sounds pretty good. I just got shipping notification for mine. Psyched to try it, although I have been getting my old Maxon AF-9 pretty dialed in, in the last couple months. It's pretty aggressive though, hoping this is a tad mellow-er