rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#155804  by mgbills
 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Hey Smart People,

Does the Mosvalve 962 need a jumper between the input & the output?

As you can see I've got the SMS direct into the mono/bridged input. I have a Speaker lead heading off to the 1x JBL. SMS working. Furman working. No sound from Mosvalve. I bought it over a year ago, and have moved in the interim. Never hooked it up when it arrived stupidly. Found the manual. Checked both channels coming direct out. Nada. Opened the housing. No burnt looking gizmo's & no smell of magic black smoke (having escaped).

Am I missing anything, or do I have a DOA cool power amp?

Anybody know a fine someone who can repair these?

Thanks. Peace M

#155806  by mgbills
 Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:16 pm
Beeps on the continuity tester.
 #155835  by milobender
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 am
Before going to the repair guys, do a very thorough trouble shoot. Start with the simplest things, check your cables, all of them... including the power cable. Is power getting to the amp? Do all your connecting cables work with a different amp. If everything checks out ok, then the repair guys, but the odds are it's something besides catastrophic failure. Run a different preamp into it. Try the line-outs. Try all the different output jacks... I hope I'm not suggesting stuff you've already tried "o) But, too many times, I've ignored the very obvious, only to waste a lot of time and anxiety "o)
 #155836  by milobender
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 am
Before going to the repair guys, do a very thorough trouble shoot. Start with the simplest things, check your cables, all of them... including the power cable. Is power getting to the amp? Do all your connecting cables work with a different amp. If everything checks out ok, then the repair guys, but the odds are it's something besides catastrophic failure. Run a different preamp into it. Try the line-outs. Try all the different output jacks... I hope I'm not suggesting stuff you've already tried "o) But, too many times, I've ignored the very obvious, only to waste a lot of time and anxiety "o)