rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#155586  by TI4-1009
 Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 pm
Bravo Dan Pritzker! Hope Wolfie has as good a new home as he's had for the last 15 years.
 #155594  by Rusty the Scoob
 Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:24 am
TI4-1009 wrote:Bravo Dan Pritzker! Hope Wolfie has as good a new home as he's had for the last 15 years.
Is that the owner's name? He's kept it pretty quiet. And agree, he's been super generous with Wolf and this just takes the cake. Amazing!
 #155596  by waldo041
 Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 am
I hope the GD buy it back.

~waldo
 #155604  by Arafel
 Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm
RiseandFall wrote:My guess is the same guy that owns Tiger will own Wolf.
Irsay won't pass it up. God knows he has the money.
That would kind of suck. I don't like seeing guitars end up like that. hell, I don't even like seeing them in the R&R Hall of Fame. I think guitars should be played.
 #155605  by ac4468
 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:02 pm
Ok I'm just throwing this out there. There must be 1,500 members here. By my math a .08% ownership stake share in Wolf should cost under$1,500 and earn you a day with Wolf every 3 years or so. Unless someone has $1.5m to front this sounds like a perfect kickstarter campaign :wink:
 #155606  by lightningbolt
 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:54 pm
They only Jerry player that has the coin to buy wolf and would play the shit out of it is John Mayer.

Now wouldn't that be cool, keep things in the family and keep Wolf singing our favorite songs.

Or maybe Mayer would think playing wolf would be creepy....
 #155607  by Arafel
 Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:11 pm
lightningbolt wrote:They only Jerry player that has the coin to buy wolf and would play the shit out of it is John Mayer.

Now wouldn't that be cool, keep things in the family and keep Wolf singing our favorite songs.

Or maybe Mayer would think playing wolf would be creepy....
Warren might be able to as well.
 #155616  by TI4-1009
 Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 pm
ac4468 wrote:Ok I'm just throwing this out there. There must be 1,500 members here. By my math a .08% ownership stake share in Wolf should cost under$1,500 and earn you a day with Wolf every 3 years or so. Unless someone has $1.5m to front this sounds like a perfect kickstarter campaign :wink:
Can I restring it lefty for my day?
 #155626  by nopunin10dead
 Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:34 pm
lightningbolt wrote:...Or maybe [John] Mayer would think playing wolf would be creepy....
Maybe not---he said in that PRS amp demo video from NAMM that, when playing with Dead & Co.: "I'm just thinking about Jerry....I factor him into me or me into him or something....'Is this all right Jerry? Is this cool? Is this what you would do? Are we somewhere in the zone?'"
 #155631  by GeneralGoldilocks
 Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 pm
Weir should buy it. I heard he has a ridiculous amount of money and is making it hand over fist these days. Bring it back to the GD family.
 #155632  by tatittle
 Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:13 pm
Yeah I dont see that happening (GD buyback), but I dont know them personally. Isnt this the guitar they scammed out of Irwin to sell after Garcia died and left them to him? Not a fan of that manuever either, at least from my vantage; typically strong arm tactics under the often abused and arrogant anthem of working for "the greater good" or "true spirit" of something (and against the explicit wording etc). Lastly, I grew up in a family that supported the SPLC financially for decades, but imo they arent what they used to be, their tactics have sometimes changed to resemble the method this guitar (or whichever it was) was acquired by in the first place. I am one who thinks HOW something is done can be even more important in the long run than what was done.
Last edited by tatittle on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #155634  by shadowboxer
 Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 pm
I like the idea of Bob, Phil, Bill or Mickey buying it for their own. I really like the idea of the Garcia family trust buying it. I would not be crazy about it ending up in the R+R H of Fame. But in the end, it's an auction, and it will sell for the highest price to someone who likely views it as a good investment for themselves.