#154555  by caspersvapors

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/ele ... e/509_2017

As one of the most versatile guitars in the PRS lineup, the 509 harnesses the power of 5 pickups to deliver 9 uniquely musical tones. The 509 starts with a 5 single coil platform - with the outside four coils grouped as humbuckers. An innovative switching system (a 5-way blade switch and two mini-toggle coil-tap switches), gives players an array of humbucking, singlecoil, and blended tones.
 #154559  by playingdead

That guitar is replacing the 513 ... pretty cool guitar. Wish they made it lefty as a core guitar, but it's only available Private Stock as a lefty and I have not built one (yet).

I will shamelessly remind you all that I am a PRS dealer and will give kind prices on righty or lefty guitars : ) ... I delivered two of the limited edition Mayer Super Eagle guitars to Deadheads.

I am currently in love with this lefty Santana I had built Private Stock and hope it does not sell soon. They are just great guitars, every detail is well thought out.

#154564  by playingdead

MAP (minimum advertised price) is $3700; add $600 for a 10-top.

Carved figured maple top with mahogany back, 25 1⁄4” scale length, 22 fret mahog- any neck, rosewood fretboard, bird inlays, rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid signature, 509 pickup system, volume & tone controls, 5-way blade pickup switch, 2 mini toggles, PRS patented Gen III tremolo, Phase III locking tuners, nickel hardware, hardshell case
 #155187  by Brandon Bowlds

I'm a dealer as well. I played one. Pickups seems a little dark. Not that different from the 513. I had a killer 513 with BRW neck back in the day. Sold it, sounded to dark and mid rangey.

I think the Brent Mason would get a bit more in the ballpark with the maple neck, but of course they discontinued it.....
 #155195  by tatittle

Yeah I love the old school PRS's. I really wanted one back when I bought my 1st nice guitar, a Gibson LP Custom..but didn't have the cash. They only made the top shelf guitars back then, the lower priced models and foreign made came later. The word on them when they 1st appeared was they could do both Strat and LP tones. Being a creature of habit and too slothful to put in overtime I have never owned a PRS. But for someone like me with smaller hands the in between 25" scale is a real plus. I love the Strat scale tone but between my small hands, the fact I played Gibsons exclusively starting out, and my developing arthritis and joint issues, the true 25.5" scale length takes a lot off the table playing wise. I just cannot reach stuff comfortably or combined with the added tension it becomes physically impossible to do things that I did with ease on Gibson 24.75 length scales. I see this model actually has a longer 25.25" scale length. First of that type I recall. I would have to try it to see if the tonal pros of the added 1/4" came at the expense of comfort/playability for me. It looks like there is an "Artist" model that comes with optional MAPLE neck and even EBONY fretboard which may give an even better Jerry EQ to the tone. Re: PRS It seems like there are an awful lot of upper middle class manager types that own pricey PRS' these days, guys whose playing is derivative at best, which doesn't attract me; for immature reasons lol...probably bc I realize that's what I will look like playing one no matter how much time Ive spent in Washington Heights lol.