#138204  by mikelawson

I just had a great talk with Andrew @ AO Guitars about OBELs, wiring, and other cool stuff and ordered one of his Wheel Junction Boxes. I'm pretty excited about getting to try it and I love that it lets you run the Mono cable through it and control the effects without the OBEL if you had to plug a Mono guitar that isn't Jerrified in through the system, too. This sounds like its going to really tame my pedal board wiring and save me a lot of hassle.

Anyone else got The Wheel Junction Box?
 #138206  by tcsned

I've got the HubBub which is similar. It's nice being able to run a non-OBEL guitar through the rig with the flip of a switch. I use a Strat as a backup with no OBEL. AO's box looks cooler
 #138207  by TI4-1009

8) - enjoy!

#138212  by jeager

I have one. I got it when he wired my guitar and it works great...never had anything else with an obel so...

I was using Loopmaster pedal switcher which gave my four independent loops for my pedals plus a tuner out but things started getting noisy recently and I started simplifying the whole thing and now I use the Wheel to put a tuner, dirt box, mu-tron and delay in the loop. After the loop I run an Earth Drive, Strymon Flynt (reverb/vibrato) and a boomerang.

The whole thing is very quiet now and does what I want. I have become much less concerned with trying to get Jerry sounds recently, not gonna try set things up the way he did but try to use the concepts and gear the way I want.
 #138214  by strummingturtle

yeah I have the wheel from Andrew as well works great. It makes it real simple to switch from OBEL and non OBEL guitars.
I do have the same cord as shown in the above picture mine seems to twist up on itself real easy and I don’t move around much. I think the outer shell is to tight or something. I have tried to relax it a bit but no luck.
Cheers
 #138230  by seniorpesca

I am very slow but wait so you can use OBEL without with this box without actually having OBEL installed on your guitar :shock: :shock: if so...i am buying this asap and then second confusion would be on the chord I would use with a OBEL-less strat..sorry I am a hands on learner and just not grasping things
 #138233  by TI4-1009

Nope, you have to have an OBEL guitar to get OBEL. But with this box you can flip a switch and plug your non-OBEL guitar into your (normally OBEL) pedal chain without any hassle.