#137369  by Jon S.

I've always dug this song - all aspects of it, including the guitar tones. Anyone know what Jerry used on it (on guitar - I believe the liner notes say he did the piano parts on an acoustic grand).

#137372  by tatittle

Sounds like Edie Brikell on vocals lol. What album is this on?
Last edited by tatittle on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #137378  by Jon S.

tatittle wrote:Sounds like Edie Brikell on vocals lol. What album is this on?
It's Edie (her voice is so unique and can't be mistaken for anyone else). I've been a fan since I first caught the New Bohemians live in '88.
 #137380  by tatittle

I had no idea they recorded together...I was thinking it was from the early 70's Garcia albums. I wrote that comment in the 1st few bars of listening, it becomes even more undeniable as it proceeds. I do remember the "Jerry solo" from What I Am? And Circle of Friends used to bring out the imaging on my Polk Audio speakers sublimely. Just saw Edie with Steve Martin on PBS last night.

And so to get back to the original topic: sorry I obviously have no idea what equiptment Jerry used, though I hear the OD-1 I believe.
 #137411  by Staredge

In Dark Star they say it was Manasha who killed the Edie Brickell tour. I love her voice as well. Very distinctive.
 #137473  by flyingheelhook

I saw Edie with the New Bohemiums for free at Hammerjacks in Baltimore years ago. Circa late '80s. That girl has some pipes! She stood with her body facing one side of the stage and turned her head to sing - not sure why as it didn't look natural nor comfortable.
 #137474  by mkaufman

The Trio's album has some great material, including fantastic versions of:

- Easy Answers (Rob Wasserman, Bob Weir & Neil Young)
- White Wheeled Limo (Rob Wasserman, Bruce Hornsby & Branford Marsalis)
- Put Your Big Toe in the Milk of Human Kindness (Rob Wasserman, Elvis Costello & Marc Ribot)

The CD doesn't entirely turn me on, but the first half is a good listen.

mk
 #137563  by barefootdave

I have a cassette around her somewhere of Edie and JG in his living room (supposedly). Sound quality is C- but energy is A+ !