rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#127915  by ricepr
 Mon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm
Found an amber strat, H/S/S with swimming pool route and battery box. Putting in two super 2's and an SDS -1

Need to enlarge the middle slot in the pickguard for a super 2. Should it be centered where the current single coil slot is, or use the current slot as one end and extend the hole up towards the neck?

Thanks for the guidance. Pics when done.
 #127919  by Smolder
 Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 pm
I'd like to know the same thing. Been searching for an HHS template or pick guard and coming up empty.
 #127920  by ricepr
 Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 pm
prolly gonna order mine from Chandler, but wonder how to have the middle cut
 #127921  by waldo041
 Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 pm
Seek out martin bills. He has a source to get strat pickguards with proper jerry pickup placements.

~waldo
 #127933  by mgbills
 Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am
My 2 cents...
It's definately worth routing out a rectangular "Swimming Pool." The custom pickup placement (Tiger) has some great advantages. It pulls the neck pickup off the node for one, and makes it's tone much more pleasing (in my opinion). It also makes the bridge pickup a bit brattier. All and all a nice combination.

I'll kepp you posted on my order. Hopefully...I can get them to produce quickly.
Peace
Marty
 #127936  by Smolder
 Tue May 14, 2013 8:04 am
waldo041 wrote:Seek out martin bills. He has a source to get strat pickguards with proper jerry pickup placements.

~waldo
How would one find him... a google search didn't help me.
 #127937  by ricepr
 Tue May 14, 2013 8:14 am
mgbills wrote:My 2 cents...
It's definately worth routing out a rectangular "Swimming Pool." The custom pickup placement (Tiger) has some great advantages. It pulls the neck pickup off the node for one, and makes it's tone much more pleasing (in my opinion). It also makes the bridge pickup a bit brattier. All and all a nice combination.

I'll kepp you posted on my order. Hopefully...I can get them to produce quickly.
Peace
Marty

Mine came with the pool route, which is a bit of a rarity these days on Am and MIM strats!
 #127938  by mgbills
 Tue May 14, 2013 8:15 am
That's me. Martin Bills. mgbills.
I'm not famous. Few scientific papers in automation & brewing science.

Just a DeadHead who likes to build stuff.

Peace