#124192  by joeriz

oldsmojo wrote:I don't like most reverbs out there.. I prefer less prominent and longer decay reverbs. So you get more range out of the pot as well. A great reverb can really help inspire your playing and help you blend into the mix better. Hardly ever keep a reverb setup stock.
I agree. So... :-) ...did you do any mods to the reverb in this case? If so, can you share what they were?

Thanks,
Joe
 #124226  by oldsmojo

Yeah sure..In this case it was clipping the 25@25 electrolytic off the cathode for the reverb driver and running a 3 spring tank and a 12 ax7 instead of 12 at7. Pulling drive from it and adding it back in with a better sounding tube basically. The customer in the end tho didnt love it. Its all a matter of taste when it comes to reverb decay. a long 3 spring is def not vintage but its cool as hell to play with...if you know how to play it. From now on I am keeping things more close to stock unless my customer is looking for that. I can offer it and describe it in detail but they may not get it if they are not an "experienced" player. Who here doesnt like reverb?? I do but I prefer it slightly out of the way so I can make my playing stand out, add digital reverb, add delay, or just plain keep it in the background so its barely there on certain music (funk is a good example) and I can still have some of that ambient reverb vibe that keeps my amp interesting and apart from my old usual amps. So there ya go~ :)