#123401  by HlpOnDWay

Hey all!

Going from unaffected acoustic to electric. Using a V-amp II until I can afford a Twin Reverb.
I need a Jerry tone, and a Weir tone.
Anyone have any settings advice?
I'm starting with the Blackface Twin for Jerry tone.

Thanks!
 #123427  by tigerstrat

Welcome stranger! This thread topic seems oddly familiar, almost as if I was just discussing it with a friend of mine. :lol:
 #123439  by Mr.Burns

Not trying to rain on a parade or anything, but I have an old V amp pro and never could get a decent Jerry tone from it(just fooling around with headphones) so I gave up and lent it to my buddy. He gets awesome David Gilmour tones from it. To be fair I have yet to play my Jerrycaster through it, so maybe it would help to have the proper guitar. Or to be power amped and run though the right cab? If you have success I'd love to hear about it, though.
 #123541  by jeager

Not familiar with that amp but basic Jerry stars with middle pickup, treble cranked and bass rolled to zero on a fender amp or similar. It seems counterintuitive at first and is very revealing, unforgiving but give it time and you will get it. I resisted the tone settings part for a while but once I gave it some time it was like a light bulb going off in my head. Sits in the mix when you play soft, pops right out when you need to...very responsive to dynamics... Like driving a race car.