#120213  by cmc64

mkaufman wrote:You need something programmable like a GCX or Ibanez EPP400. Loop Masters are good quality, however, they won't give you what you want.

mk
The GCX is on the list. But its price range is keeping it a bit lower on the list as there are a few other things I need to do first. Programming is not needed (at the moment) and the way I have my pedals set up, the Loop-Master will work perfectly for the time being. At the moment all I really need is a true-bypass switcher for my effects. I am not playing out, so my rig is currently a permanent installation. I have had to take a few pedals out of the current arrangement and I do not have a few of my pedals in the spot i would like them to be in as the tone-suck that comes from the lack of true-bypass is a bit too much. BTW, I recently picked up an MXR Carbon Copy Delay (not pictured, to use as a backup for my vintage MXR Analog Delay) and while I can not speak for other modern day MXR effects, the Carbon Copy (which turned out to be surprisingly decent), is spec'd as a true bypass pedal but it most certainly is not. Even bypassed there is significant tone coloration. The vintage delay REQUIRES a true-bypass switcher as it really colors your tone - in a good way, of course, but not when bypassed.

Anyway, here's a pic, you will see what I mean....