#120117  by jmfranc

Here's the path: Guitar> New box described below>amp

I have a few guitars and each one is for a specific type of music I like to play. To make this easy without switching on and off 14 pedals I want to split the pedals into unique chains so I can swap guitars and just activate one specific chain. Building a box with 3 loops and 1 tuner out so I can select which chain I want.

I have three distinct effects setups: effects chain A, effects chain B, and effects chain C.

I want to share two pedals with both effects chain A and B

How do I? I know it's more than just using a Y splitter going in and one going out. Or is it?
 #120118  by mgbills

I'd go with a GCX & a Ground Control Pro. You can set the GC Pro to bring any combination of pedals on with one stomp. You can use the foot controller with multiple GCX boxes. I would think that if you were using a combination OBEL/buffered & non buffered guitars you could Y the various instruments into either the buffered or non-buffered inputs.

Not cheap, but very clean. Great piece of gear too. Since each pedal is discreet, you won't have to worry about which stompbox switch is currently failing.

Hope this helps.
Peace
M
 #120120  by joethepainter

I don't know if this is exactly what you're after, but thought I'd throw it out to ya anyway...
http://www.loop-master.com
I recently sold a 6 loop w/tuner out and master switch, very well-built, quiet and pretty easy to configure. Hope this helps, although I would agree a GCX is the better solution...

Peace, Joe
 #120122  by gr8fullfred

I built a simple little effects loop box that I use to bypass my effects on my east coast rig.
I'll take some pics which will pretty much show you how to do it. Less that $20 probably.
If you used two of them, you could switch in either of two sets of effects, or potentially both of them.
Works great! Less Philling! Will try to post some pics by tomorrow, Fred
 #120152  by cmc64

joethepainter wrote:I don't know if this is exactly what you're after, but thought I'd throw it out to ya anyway...
I recently sold a 6 loop w/tuner out and master switch, very well-built, quiet and pretty easy to configure. Hope this helps, although I would agree a GCX is the better solution...

Peace, Joe
I need a cheap true-bypass solution until I can afford a GCX (other guitar priories at the moment) - I am planning to get the 8 loop with master bypass and tuner our, straight not staggered (straight is $105 cheaper) - the look to be very well built as you said and reportedly quiet (as you also confirmed) - anything you did/did not like about it that could be a buyer beware? Thanks!
 #120157  by joethepainter

cmc64 wrote:
joethepainter wrote:I don't know if this is exactly what you're after, but thought I'd throw it out to ya anyway...

Peace, Joe
I need a cheap true-bypass solution until I can afford a GCX (other guitar priories at the moment) - I am planning to get the 8 loop with master bypass and tuner our, straight not staggered (straight is $105 cheaper) - the look to be very well built as you said and reportedly quiet (as you also confirmed) - anything you did/did not like about it that could be a buyer beware? Thanks!
The wait time can be pretty long. I waited 2+ months for mine. Also, it takes lots of cables to set it all up. That being said, there wasn't a noticeable loss of tone, to my ears anyway, even with my non-obel guitars. When I was using mine, I was running 12+ pedals, so it really cut down on tap-dancing. Also, be sure to specify what color LED's you want, and in what order...and, watch for the specials he runs. I got mine for 125, and sold it for 115. Hope this helps.
 #120162  by tigerstrat

cheapest DIY: physically move the pedal from one chain to another when you switch axes. Or get another of the pedal in question...
 #120174  by TI4-1009