#117256  by guitarcats

hippieguy1954 wrote:That link doesn't work for me either at least not right now. Are you guys paying less than $5 a piece?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg
That's crazy price now that they are available again. I just received mine a few days ago and that will make 24 so that should last a long time. I think I paid $24 w/shipping so that's $2 bucks a piece.
 #117257  by tigger

I bought 3 for $10 shipped from ebay just to try them out, not too much of a gouge.
 #117259  by wolftigerrosebud

maybe i'll get that 3 pack, looks pretty darn cheap.

edit: i thought that was 3 dozen. yes, i was paying less than $5 a pick when they were first released, i think it was like $15 for a dozen or something, so i got 4 dozen.
 #117261  by tigger

I wish it was 3 dozen! Didn't want to spend a ton without trying one first.
Actually now I'd like to try the comparable Telefunken, but haven't seen any loose ones for sale.
 #117266  by hippieguy1954

I've AB'd the Adams 2mm and the Telefunken 2mm. Can't tell any difference.
 #117267  by barefootdave

I agree, have both the Telefunken and the Adamas, they sound the same to me. I have all but abandoned my old favorites, the purple 1.14mm tortex. I still love them when I pick them up, but the POP in the attack of the Adamas is really something.

Just ordered another 2 dozen Adamas because I have been giving them away and I don't want to run out!
 #117270  by Jon S.

My experience: yes, the picks are quite different feeling than what most of us switched from; no, they're not "hard" to get used to. Go cold turkey with an Adamas and if your experience parallels mine, in a week they'll feel natural. Mine are holding up well to repeated use (though I did buy 4 bags!).
 #117271  by Yankee Tim

If we just keep buying bags and bags, maybe they'll keep making more and more, until we can barely close our cases or gig bags. :lol:
 #117371  by Mosfed

I wrote them an email and a nice lady named Heidi wrote back saying that they are available and that they can ship anywhere (international as well).

Much more reasonable cost than eBay. Just over $1 a pick plus shipping.

I generally hate these kind of questions but what do these picks sound like? I have tried various glass picks and crystal picks in the past and I really didn't like their sound. Especially on an acoustic. And when people say that there is a learning curve... How so? Tonally? Technique?

Thanks in advance

For reference my pick of choice to now has been the Dunlop tortex 1mm
Last edited by Mosfed on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #117372  by mijknahs

Mosfed wrote: I generally hate these kind of questions but what do these picks sound like? I have tried various glass picks and crystal picks in the past and I really didn't like their sound. Especially on an acoustic. And when people say that there is a learning curve... How so? Tonally? Technique?

Thanks in advance
I can't answer you with "what they sound like". All I can say is that they probably won't sound anything like other picks you've tried. They have a thick sound. Maybe closer to a very hard wood pick?

Get some and try them out. You'll probably like them. I love them for electric and acoustic.
 #117374  by Poor Peter

Mosfed wrote:I wrote them an email and a nice lady named Heidi wrote back saying that they are available and that they can ship anywhere (international as well).

I generally hate these kind of questions but what do these picks sound like? I have tried various glass picks and crystal picks in the past and I really didn't like their sound. Especially on an acoustic. And when people say that there is a learning curve... How so? Tonally? Technique?

Thanks in advance

I love these for electric, not so much for acoustic. I have a couple of bags of these, but still use the purple tortex for acoustuc stuff. Not enough punch with the Adamas. Seems like I have to play harder.
 #117396  by Tennessee Jedi

Mosfed wrote:I wrote them an email and a nice lady named Heidi wrote back saying that they are available and that they can ship anywhere (international as well).

Thanks in advance

PM me your address and I will send you one if you want to take a test drive.
:smile:
 #117403  by Coldshotblues

I have been using the Adamas for a few months now and they don't take long get used to. I got a little nervous when I went to the Dunlop website and their store was down! I emailed Heidi and she assured me that the Adamas pick was still available and the link should be repaired by late afternoon, It was and I ordered four bags to hold me over for a while, as long as my bass player keeps his hands off! I still use a nylon pick for the acoustic though. :cool:
 #117428  by Mosfed

Thanks t Jed but I would feel too guilty asking you to ship one to me in London. I'll experiment. I have to say I am almost more intrigued by the Telefunkens as they have a 1mm model.