#113035  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Here's a new photo Tracy took today of Melvin's 2nd rig that he put together.

#113044  by mgbills

I'd love to hear my SMS > Mc250 rig on tubes.

Care to comment on the character the tube amp provides? Does the MC275 use KT88's?

Love to hear it. The SMS is "vibrant" as it is, and responds beautiful to pick subtleties (sp?). The Mc250 & Mc2100 are fantastic as well.

But I have to admit, if it weren't for the scary-freakin' price of old Mc240's, 260's, & 275's...I'd have them in my toy box. I keep hoping that somebody with CL a pair of mono-blocks without knowing the value, but in the SEA to PDX area there are many McIntosh hounds on the hunt.

Peace
M
 #113050  by modz

I just finished the MC275 rig a few hours a go and it's a brand new MC275. Melvin came up with this idea to have 2 dry speakers (no verb but post EQ) for recording and one speaker wet (with verb). I sent the idea to Brad and he tapped a signal before the verb and he put a volume control on it so there are 2 outputs with 2 volumes on the back of the SMS classic. If Melvin said that I could have one I would choose the 275 rig but both are great. I'm so spoiled now as my rig is 2 Deluxe reverb's with K120's....
I got to play through both rigs 1st :)!!! Both rigs have matching shock mount cases for the amps and preamps, both 3/4 cabs have matching, customized road cases.
Sants (from RUK) helped us out a bunch by selling Melvin his 2300 and 2 E's. The 2300 rig is for midwest and east coast and MC275 for west coast. Here are some photo's of both rigs.
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19 ... vin%20rig/