rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#110690  by SarnoMusicSolutions
 Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:09 pm
Thanks for sharing. Doesn't actually have "drip edge" like stated. A bit pricey, but if the D120's are in good shape, that's about $500 to $600 right there in speakers alone. Amp is worth about $750 to $850. If he'd take $1450, that's an acceptable price, but only if it's in very good working order and the speakers are perfect.

May actually be a '69 or '70. Perhaps with the dreaded output section circuit needing the blackface mods. Easy to do, but he should find out what "drip edge" means and really what year it is.

Brad
 #110694  by gr8fullfred
 Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:39 pm
He asking top dollar for sure, but it is an original JBL equipped twin, that JBL badge is a rare thing.
They are not making any more D, K, or E 120s now are they? No drip edge, maybe he will lower the price a bit for that. A little pricey, but it is on our radar screen for a reason.
 #110705  by seamones
 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 pm
Its gone now, so it doesn't matter, but I wonder why there was almost no interest in mine for $900 sans JBL badge, but otherwise similar.
 #110712  by hippieguy1954
 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:01 am
seamones wrote:Its gone now, so it doesn't matter, but I wonder why there was almost no interest in mine for $900 sans JBL badge, but otherwise similar.
I think it depends where you live. That was a Chicago CL add which has a huge population or viewers and musicians, therefore things sell quicker.

I too have had a '76 Twin (in very good condition/no JBL's) on CL for almost a year now and can't get $900. Haven't even had one offer. I'm about 3 hrs from NYC and am thinkin about listing it there to see if I get any offers.

I haven't gone the Ebay route yet because shipping a Twin can be tricky, but if I have to, I will. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #110721  by Smolder
 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:12 am
I reached out to this guy a while back. He had it listed at 1200... I was interested in spending 8-900. He talked with a couple of dealers and was influenced to price it where it is now. It's been for sale for at least a couple of months now. Another one was listed a couple of weeks ago (as NOS ; ) at 1800... This second one is also on the bay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Twin-Rev ... _500wt_922

There have been a handful of generic 70's twins up in Chicago for the last several weeks.

@seamones... Twins have a bad rap for being too heavy and two damn loud. We like em... But they are a bitch to ship. That said, there are lots of ways to make all that more manageable.
 #110729  by seamones
 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 am
Smolder wrote:
@seamones... Twins have a bad rap for being too heavy and two damn loud. We like em... But they are a bitch to ship. That said, there are lots of ways to make all that more manageable.
Exactly why I decided to part ways with mine.