#109999  by Smolder

That's awesome Jon.

The Adamas' I have are way thick, but I like the black telefunkens... Closer to the .73's I've been using. I also have a gravity pick sample, how do the V's compare to he gravity?
Last edited by Smolder on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #110000  by SarnoMusicSolutions

The V-Pick and Gravity are both cut from acrylic sheets, then polished. Likely the same sound and grip. Only the shape and thickness should make for differences between them. Something cool about acrylic. It's grippy and sounds cool.

B
 #110010  by Jon S.

Maybe one or more of the Brotherhood can add a Telefunken or Gravity as the package makes its rounds.
 #110014  by Smolder

Jon S. wrote:Maybe one or more of the Brotherhood can add a Telefunken or Gravity as the package makes its rounds.

Put me on the list... I'll add one.
 #110039  by jeager

Recently got some of the Adamas picks. I had been pretty much hooked on the Dunlop Ultex 1.14 mm which is quite stiff and the heaviest they make in that material. After some time with the new picks though i am a complete convert, well worth a try if you have not...it has change/improved my picking technique and I love the tone.

On acoustic, i still prefer the Ultex which have an attack that i would describe as smooth while the Adamas picks seem to sound a bit plinky on my acoustic (I usual finger pick on that guitar anyway).
 #110099  by Jon S.

The picks are packed up and ready for mailing tomorrow morning to Tennessee Jedi. Afterwards, I think this is what we have so far:

Next to TRG.

Next to claytusaywood.

Next to smolder (who will add a Telefunken).

Remember, each person in the chain - please PM your snail mail address to the person before you! :D
 #110269  by Jon S.

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Got the picks ...
Gonna try 'em tonight
:-)
Groovy! :D
 #110337  by redeyedjim

So, based on this thread I ordered sampler packs from both Gravity and V-Pick last week and have now had a chance to try both company's offerings. I found each had at least one design I really liked, but for me the Gravity Pick Razer XL 3mm is the pick I've been searching for. I never would have found it if it hadn't been for this thread, so thanks!
 #110352  by TI4-1009

Article on the V-Picks in the new (April) Vintage Guitar mag.
 #110364  by Tennessee Jedi

After awhile I really started to like these ... gonna mess around more tonight
I thought I would like the ' lite ' ones better but they didnt work for me ...
I already use the Adamas and love them.
Gonna mail them out Monday TRG
:-)
 #110403  by eric

jeager wrote: On acoustic, i still prefer the Ultex which have an attack that i would describe as smooth while the Adamas picks seem to sound a bit plinky on my acoustic (I usual finger pick on that guitar anyway).
I realized this too, recently ... As you said, the Adamas gets extremely "plinky" on acoustic... So I switched back to the Dunlop .88 max grip. I had been messing around with a lot of acoustic recording lately and was really unhappy with my tone ( or the noise i call my playing), all around whether DI or mic'd ( ESP with a stereo pair of condensers) .. And then it hit me...DUH..it was the pick.... The thinner pick def gives a softer , more pleasant attack to my ears...The hard plastic sound that was really irritating anywhere near the 8-10k range is gone, but the flutter of the .88 sounds like a card in a tire spoke ..

I think the Adamas may still reign supreme for live stuff because of the increased volume and brighter tone benefits though...
Just my thoughts....

And what If everyone added a unique pick when they sent it back out .... That would probably be a seriously sweet collection of picks after awhile...