#109942  by Jon S.

Folks, I've read many posts here from people curious about the Dunlop Adamas Reissues and V-Picks so let's get examples of each into your hands. For the first person to reply below with a follow up PM with your snail mail address, I'll snail mail you a 2.0 mm Dunlop Adamas Reissue pick, a 2.75 V-Pick Traditional, and a 1.5 mm V-Pick Traditional Lite. All I ask is that, after you try them for a week, you snail mail them on to the next person below you in the thread. Happy picking!

#109943  by Tony6Strings

Very cool idea. We had a "Pick it forward" thread on Strat Talk, and it got pretty far, but eventually the pick got to somebody who failed to keep it going. Um.. As for myself, I've found the pick that is perfect for me, after years of searching. I tried Dunlop Jazztones 208, purple Tortex, purple Tortex filed to a point, V picks, never tried an Adamas but I'm sure they've got something to them if Jerry used them... I eventually discovered the Dunlop Jazz iii and I'm pretty sure it's the pick I'll use for the rest of my life.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #109947  by Jon S.

The first "grab" is still available. :thewave:
 #109955  by Jon S.

Rusty the Scoob wrote:The V-pick is intriguing to me, but what happens when you drop a clear pick on stage?
In your case, you see it and quickly pick it up because you've thought it through in advance and ordered yours with colors. :lol:

#109966  by Jon S.

The way it works is PM your snail mail address now to Tennessee Jedi and then wait for the next person to post and PM you, etc. Enjoy!
 #109973  by claytushaywood

This forum is definitely of the pick enlightened. The difference these picks can make is absolutely amazing if you're still wankin with some fender heavy's. The adamas is nescessary for jerry tones. I got a vpick a while back as a free sample from thee guy that owns it (before I had my adamas).. And man I was blown away... especially on acoustic. Unfortunately I lost my vpick... and now use adamas (by the way those telefunken ones are not the same). I'd love to have some, but dang they expensive.

Anyone on here try the brossard picks? seems like they could be cool for acoustic instruments especially... they do the wood, bone and horn picks. I saw the carolina chocolate drops last night (cool band- they have two sets of 'bones' on stage) and I think there is some definite voodoo goin on with playing music with the remains of something that was once living
 #109983  by redeyedjim

My pick of choice used to be the traditionally shaped 2.0mm Big Stubby in Lexan, but I've been trying a bunch of different picks recently to see if i can find somethign I like better. I've yet to try the V-Pick, so maybe I'll give them a try next. I've tried the Adamas and really like their tone, but I find I'm a bit clumsy with them. It isn't their thickness per se, but maybe the breadth of their edge? Lately I've been using the Dunlop 3.0mm Tri Stubbys, and am really enjoying their feel over the strings, as well as the tones I hear when I play with them. I also like their edge.

I see Dunlop has recently re-engineered the Big Stubbys in nylon, so I may try those, too.