Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#108502  by claytushaywood
 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 pm
I'd really love to see this be a whole section of the equipment forum! We talk a lot about what gets us where in regards to instrument tones inspired by not only jerry but the rest of the grateful dead. Why dont we start showing em off. I got an $80 Zoom Q3 for christmas and it makes some pretty decent sound clips (has the same mics as the zoom h4, h4n, h1, q3hd etc) I'll post some clips of my jerry strat with D allen voodoo pickups soon (i was waiting to finally get some jbls)

It's so easy to make decent sound or video clips these days, and even really high quality clips are easily recorded and posted! so let's see some youtube videos, links to, quicktime sound clips, youtube videos with just picture slideshows and audio. whatever! I wanna hear these Alembic modded twin preamps, sms pre's, jbl's and jbl knockoffs, guitars, axe fx impulse files, bobby stuff, phil stuff, midi setups, strings, even picks! The full band stuff is great but really, room mics at a live show make it difficult to hear nuances. But dont tell me you cant really hear nuances with youtube compression. I bet my $80 Q3 can hear the difference between a 2mm pick and a 2mm adamas pick. well, i'll try it at least. after hearing keirweir's shakedown amps modded twin, i gotta hear more! and to get the ball rolling, i'll start posting with my limited jerry and bob licks and very under developed "dead" gear.
 #108793  by Gr8fulGreg
 Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:41 pm

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Part caster (split dimarzio super 2 w\waldo buffer) > FHDx > Hard trucker w/ e 120s 8ohms... Rushed and jammed a few songs into a few mins... sorry for all mishaps
 #108804  by mgbills
 Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm freakin' rocked TheEleven. I seldom hear folks cover it...and I dearly love that tune. May be my favorite tune (some JG ballads exempted).
 #108811  by GeneralGoldilocks
 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 pm
http://canyoncreekramblers.home.bresnan ... egment.mp3

here is a sement from eyes of the world with my band, moonshine mountain from 2012-01-20. my jerry rig is an ibanez musician with walds buffer, dimarzio super 2 coil tapped, middle pup, into a carl martin compressor limiter (very lightly used), into a fender deluxe reverb reissue with the reverb on 2, bass 2 treble 7, volume 3, with a jbl e 120, dunlop 1.0 picks, d'addario light gauge strings, about a month old.
 #108812  by GeneralGoldilocks
 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 pm
how could i forget to mention the sms steel guitar black box was before the carl martin compressor limiter run through the OBEL.
 #108857  by easytoslip
 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 pm
playingdead wrote:Tiger -> AxeFX Ultra -> board

Hey Vic, I got to see you perform when Jeff rounded a bunch of us up and we went into the city. You're fantastic!