#104272  by hippieguy1954

Cmnaround wrote:Lots of very helpful information for sure.

After a little back an forth it's negatory for me on this one, simply because I don't need anything else that's 40 years old to do work on and hope it sounds cool and doesn't break. I did that with a 1955 Hammond M3 - which I loved - but still super old with associated issues.

Agreed a new SMS or similar pre-amp rig set up - more efficient and reliable to get great tone. If I had more time, this would be a really cool project to take on -
In that case, the SMS Classic with the Jerry mod (one rack space) is the "cats meow" for Jerry tone! There are a few of us using the Rocktron 300 power amp (one rack space). Makes for a simple, excellent sounding, powerful rig. Whatever you choose, good luck and let us know how it's going.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #104276  by strumminsix

Cmnaround wrote:After a little back an forth it's negatory for me on this one, simply because I don't need anything else that's 40 years old to do work on and hope it sounds cool and doesn't break. I did that with a 1955 Hammond M3 - which I loved - but still super old with associated issues.
That's a different issue than tone. My old Fender amps are awesome and very reliable! My 64 Vibroverb ROCKS with ZERO problems. The #1 thing with old amps is get it fixed and gond over by a good tech right away. AFter that I find them as reliable as any tube amp!

But still thing there are many better options for Jerry tone :)