Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#103377  by Gr8fulGreg
 Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:32 pm
I built (or assembled) a strat almost 6 months ago and Im taking it further (no pun intended)

this is what it looks like now-

It has an SDS one in the neck and two home made pups in the middle and bridge, Waldos UGB and OBEL

I currently need to route it to fit in 2 humbuckers in the middle and bridge.. so i can fit this in

The pick guard is custom cut from warmoth currently i wired up the humbuckers with coil taps... tomorrows all about routing... Needless to say i cant wait

Here is a video of me trying to sell it but you get a pretty good idea of what it sounds like
 #103392  by Pete B.
 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:21 am
Nice video demo.
How much were you asking for the guitar (just curious).
I have MIM Thinline Tele that I want to convert to 2 split-coil HB'rs just like the loaded pickguard you show (but for Tele).
Let us know how it comes out.
 #103435  by Gr8fulGreg
 Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 pm
I was asking 750+ shipping but now that im doing this i dont think i can ever part with it...

Its going to be done soon all thats left is the mini-500k and 25k tone pots... and more wire then hair in jerrys beard
 #103593  by Gr8fulGreg
 Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:02 pm
I wired my strat to fallow waldo\dozins guitar schem but my volume knob isnt working any ideas?
 #103782  by mrMix
 Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 am
I have an AVRI 57 that I swapped out the pickups and put in Lollar BlackFace. I'm thinking of adding a waldo buffer - right now using a fulltone fatboost. Gets me there but just not quite.....
Oh and I added a wolf sticker just for fun :)