#99760  by playingdead

If any of you lefties want to sample the lawsuit Takamine -- Garcia used one on the Warfield and Radio City runs -- here's your chance. It's not mine, and I'll keep my real Martin :shock:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg
 #99771  by JamminJommy

playingdead wrote:Garcia used one on the Warfield and Radio City runs
:!: Garcia used a lefty guitar on stage? pics! ;)

Those are neat guitars! Played a righty not too long ago!

Peace,

jommy
 #99775  by jahozer

playingdead wrote:Image
For years when I was a kid, I thought Jerry played lefty because I had a poster of him that had him lefty. I play lefty, and was pleased to be in such good company...until I found out.
And just remember that this was before mammals ruled the earth and there was no interwebs...
 #99780  by The Stag

im pretty sure jerry was right handed and did not play lefty this picture is a mirror image and unless he moved his half finger to thee other side i am right
 #99790  by TI4-1009

I'm a lefty who got the humor! :lol:

I bought a lefty Takamine a few months ago- EG530SC-LH. A big step up from my 1970's bottom-end Yamaha. I think in the Dead Gear book it say's Jerry bought the Takamine because it was one of the only electrified acoustics available at that time?
 #99792  by strumminsix

jester536 wrote:A perfect thread to illuminate that sometimes wit and sarcasm can often be difficult to convey in a written form...emoticons are not as helpful as facial expressions.
We need a sarcasm emoticon maybe like Image
 #99795  by bdhact1

strumminsix wrote:
jester536 wrote:A perfect thread to illuminate that sometimes wit and sarcasm can often be difficult to convey in a written form...emoticons are not as helpful as facial expressions.
We need a sarcasm emoticon maybe like Image

A picture of a tongue in a cheek would be most fitting.