#160458  by franklins_timmy

Have a chance to pick one of these up at a great price. On the site it's listed as dark, delivers more of a sweep range than most wahs. Could have this wrong but I thought I've read the Colorsound was a darker wah with a fairly long sweep range? Is that right about the Colorsound? Thoughts on whether this could be a good alternative? Hopefully so, it is cheaper than any of the Colorsound type wahs... Wilson, RMC Wheels of Fire, Fulltone Clyde, etc...
 #160467  by Ebearius

I found the RMC1 a bit too dark. I didn't think it was articulate enough to get the early 70's Playing Jam sound. I once spent a long afternoon test driving most of the Teese lineup. I ended up buying the RMC3. You can adjust it to sound like anything you want. Lots of inspiring options.
 #160471  by franklins_timmy

Ebearius wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 pm I found the RMC1 a bit too dark. I didn't think it was articulate enough to get the early 70's Playing Jam sound. I once spent a long afternoon test driving most of the Teese lineup. I ended up buying the RMC3. You can adjust it to sound like anything you want. Lots of inspiring options.
Ebearius thanks for the reply, appreciate it . Do you feel the RMC1 can at least get in the ballpark or is it way off? Have looked at the RMC3 and Wheels of Fire, but like the simplicity of RMC1. Doesn't have to nail it, just a close representation.
 #160475  by Ebearius

franklins_timmy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:32 am
Ebearius wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 pm I found the RMC1 a bit too dark. I didn't think it was articulate enough to get the early 70's Playing Jam sound. I once spent a long afternoon test driving most of the Teese lineup. I ended up buying the RMC3. You can adjust it to sound like anything you want. Lots of inspiring options.
Ebearius thanks for the reply, appreciate it . Do you feel the RMC1 can at least get in the ballpark or is it way off? Have looked at the RMC3 and Wheels of Fire, but like the simplicity of RMC1. Doesn't have to nail it, just a close representation.
Just like anything on here, it's all subjective. It depends on what you are looking for. If you're looking for a "Greatest Story" sound, the RMC1 is more than adequate. If you want more of the broad vocalizations heard in some of the early 70's Playing jams, I think some of the RMC3 parameters nail it better. The Wheels of Fire has a lot of that sound. But, for virtually the same price, I prefer the extra customization of the RMC3. You'll never need to search for another Wah.
franklins_timmy liked this
 #160544  by franklins_timmy

So I went ahead and bought the RMC1. I am pretty happy with it... gets a little muddy when it's closed and there is some spike in the highs from time to time. Some of that could be because I'm not use to the longer sweep yet or maybe something is off. But it does make a weird noise when engaged but not being played. I sent this vid to the guy and he offered me a refund. Using my crummy practice amp because my main one is in the shop but I don't think that has anything to do with. Not sure what to do, got it for a good price so I guess I could send it to Teese to be fixed. What do you guys think... something off with it?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fh37x