#159925  by Budman

Iam putting together a early 70s jerry rig I got a strat with I blaster a e120 and a SMS if you could have a Macintosh or a modern amp like quilter what would you do ?is the Mac with the weight?
Are there smaller macs?I may add another speaker in future.thanks
 #159943  by Jon S.

My small MC50 was tested as putting out closer to 75W before clipping. In other words, it's still loud as hell!

#159949  by strumminsix

You'll have to search but the larger Macs had something I think called a Sentry limiter that supposedly added to the feel and punch and of course clipping!

I'm not searching for the Jerry tone but if I was dead set on it I'd look for an mc250 or go lightweight modern.
 #159956  by Searing75

MC50 is the perfect amp for lightweight Jerry tone! Or, if you want modern, and ven lighter, go with the Carvin DCM200L. They are going out of business though, so.......
 #159962  by Budman

Thanks for the replies, what I really want to know is are you guys happy with the way your mc50 sounds?iam looking for a early 70s tone ,iam happy with my strat with a stratoblaster I just put that in my guitar and it sounds much better already just on the fence about the amp do not want to buy a Mac and a modern head just one or another right now thanks