#115670  by tcsned

Mr.Burns wrote:Does Phish have a forum? Just curious. Not splitting hairs, but this is a Grateful Dead forum.
He did post it in the "other bands" section. I've never been a huge fan thanks to a way over the top Phish-head room mate I had, but I really enjoyed the show I saw a couple of years ago.
 #115677  by Counterstriker

I saw my first show in June at Bader field, I ended up going to all three! I was hooked, some of those jams were just unreal. I only heard phish at my friends house before that, I thought it was to weird for me, (They have some really "out there" lyrics) But seeing them live changed that. They are top notch.
 #115682  by Jimaroe

So, summer of 1992, just finished junior year of highschool. Some buddies and I head south to Pueblo to see some band called Phish (my first show). To me, growing up in Colorado, these guys were relatively "new". They opened for some no name called Santana. Later that year, I heard Jer sing Peggy-0 live for the first time. God that was a good time. We used to hit Red Rocks every 4th of July for Blues Traveler and Big Head Todd. Only other time I saw Phish live was November 97 at McNichols. By this point, the GD were gone and Phish was a household name. Thanks for the reminder of days gone by. :lol:
 #115722  by gdrfk1990

Phish's sound has eveolved over the years the one constant being that they are all great musicians and creative people. I saw Phish for the 1st time in 91 at the Cap in Portchester every one there said they were the next GD... didn't like them at all to weird and they just flat out were awfull Trey Even stopped in the middle of Good Times Bad Times and said that was pathetic sorry.. Saw them Again in 92 as opener for Santana thought they were a better but still no Dice.. Had 2 friends at GIT couldn't believe I didn't like them played them all the time for me I learned the tunes and began to appreciate the band much more. Finally saw them again at MSG 96, liked them and began seeing them once a tour then more. Now I go 2 or 3 times a year but stream and watch shows an youtube constantly I think they sound better now then ever they are tight have a more mainstream sound, more fluid and fluent jams that are less jagged and weird but still include quirky elements that make them charming and original.. That's my 2
BTW I have also come to appreciate the lyrics very perrenial
 #115915  by Stone

Mr.Burns wrote:Does Phish have a forum? Just curious. Not splitting hairs, but this is a Grateful Dead forum.

Eh did the best I could do by putting it the section that said "Phish" , so wtf are you doing in here anyways? :D

Counterstriker wrote:I saw my first show in June at Bader field, I ended up going to all three! I was hooked, some of those jams were just unreal. I only heard phish at my friends house before that, I thought it was to weird for me, (They have some really "out there" lyrics) But seeing them live changed that. They are top notch.
Yeah I had buddies cranking it all the time but I never really got their lyrics but I found them to be alright live for some reason, I mean after all, birds of a feather actually were flocking together outside...i get it. Really like Strange Design and Ride Captain Ride and While my guitar Gently wheaps were sick. Possom was rockin as well.
Jimaroe wrote:So, summer of 1992, just finished junior year of highschool. Some buddies and I head south to Pueblo to see some band called Phish (my first show). To me, growing up in Colorado, these guys were relatively "new". They opened for some no name called Santana. Later that year, I heard Jer sing Peggy-0 live for the first time. God that was a good time. We used to hit Red Rocks every 4th of July for Blues Traveler and Big Head Todd. Only other time I saw Phish live was November 97 at McNichols. By this point, the GD were gone and Phish was a household name. Thanks for the reminder of days gone by. :lol:
No problem, memory lane is a fun ride sometimes. :drink:
 #115950  by The Stag

I think they are horrible. my drummer gave me a live phish cd and after listening to it i frissbee'd it out of my window to spare anyone else from hearing them. not very mmmmkay.
 #115960  by tigerstrat

The Stag wrote:I think they are horrible. my drummer gave me a live phish cd and after listening to it i frissbee'd it out of my window to spare anyone else from hearing them. not very mmmmkay.
hey man, that was you? thanks for the disc!
 #115966  by vwjodyme

I used to do Phish tour in the mid 90's when the dead weren't playing or stopped all together. I always thought it must have been similar to GD tour in the early days with only 100 or so people doing tour...less in winter, a lot more in summer. Then, of course, it got bigger and bigger every year.
The music was fun and I really got into it for awhile, but rarely listen to them anymore unless I switch the Sirius to Jam-on and they happen to be playing.