rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #92204  by Gr8fulGreg
 Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 am
Hey everyone 21 year old wharf rat here!! I've been reading this forum for a long time now and have read alot of great things!! I'm excited to be a part of the rukind family.. I play a studio les Paul (2009) also have a brand new custom tailored carvin blot kit... I have a cry baby wah, qtron envolope filter, boss delay echo, blues overdrive pedal... I'm also looking for a new amp to play through I have a fender super champ to practice with but long for a hard trucker cab.. glad to be here and grateful for new friends!!!

Grateful Greg-head
 #92206  by tcsned
 Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 am
Welcome aboard! I'd bet your weather's a bit warmer than it is here in the mts of Virginia.

It's good to see some more young folks getting into this stuff.
 #92704  by barefootdave
 Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:10 am
A 21 yr old wharf rat? You mean you got sober at 21? That's pretty young, must have had a very interesting ride in your teenage years! There are at least a couple more of us on this board, it was good to find I still enjoyed the long jams without the previously necessary chemicals!

Welcome friend...
 #92742  by mijknahs
 Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm
Hi Greg,

I'm in SoCal too (Torrance/Redondo Beach area).

Regards,
Jim
 #92746  by Gr8fulGreg
 Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:08 pm
Interesting is the least you could say about my teenage years... I saw Jerry when I was 4 years old and the grateful deads music was always on in my house I left school in 9th grade to do countless dead Ratdog and phil tours and manned a nitrous tank for a long time... Eventually my addiction manifested into stronger chemicals that really brought me to my knees... The 09 dead tour I ran out of gas on the way to shoreline (from the east coast) because my addiction needed the money more then me... 20 is actually when I fully gave my Life over... "the good lord willing if he says I may"... Anyway thanks for all the welcomes... Jim we have actually played together but your skills far surpass mine... Way far surpass... Alex I'd love to jam anytime!
 #92748  by mijknahs
 Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm
Welcome aboard Greg. Lots of great info on this board.

Jim