name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #87575  by johnabbott522

well i just joined. im 16. ive been playing guitar since i was little. and i loved grateful dead since i was little. i play an epiphone lp replica (tight budget). and unfortunately because of my age i have never been to a dead show. but have been to phish shows! thats about it
 #87614  by JonnyBoy

Welcome.There are a few younger guys around here that seem to be really enjoying what the old dudes around here are layin' down. I wish the internet and Gear forums were around when I was your age. The search function here can answer just about anything you can think of pertaining to the Dead. And if it doesn't, we would all love to blab about it in a new thread. :cool: Welcome!!
 #87618  by tcsned

Welcome aboard! It's good to see the next generation getting involved here!
 #87931  by jackr

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of good people here and some great info.

I love to see such young people into the dead. It's just amazing how their music can carry over from generation to generation.
 #89674  by Grateful Dad

Welcome!

I was 15 when I first saw the Grateful Dead in 1978 and looking back it is amazing how their music continues to bring so much to my life through inspiration from, listening to, and playing it so many years later.

Definitely try to see a Further show if you can and keep playing your guitar!

Enjoy the site!

Grateful Dad

:-)
 #89696  by tcsned

Welcome aboard! I saw my first show in Baltimore in '82, I was 16. Go see a Further show for sure. Don't worry too much about the tight budget rig. I'm sure there's not a lot of silver spoons here whose parents bought them a PRS and a Boogie for their 15th birthday - I wish my folks had :lol: The awesome collections of instrument and gear some of the folks here have were accumulated over many years. Be patient, you'll get there if that's what you want to do.