rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #79525  by adellethegreat
 Fri May 07, 2010 5:12 pm
Hello to all of you kind people! Name's Adelle, I'm a ukulele player from upstate NY. I've been playing for a couple years now- nothin fancy- but I have fun. I think I've learned about 30 Dead songs now, and most of them from rukind. Really lookin forward to getting to know everyone here & maybe even find some folks for virtual jam sessions.
 #79532  by Billbbill
 Fri May 07, 2010 8:03 pm
Hey Adelle!

Great to see you here! Ya know I haven't forgotten 1/2 Step! We'll get around to doing that together one of these days - I swear!
:smile:

Bill B
 #79538  by czyfingers
 Sat May 08, 2010 4:32 am
Hey Adelle- Welcome! I'm a big fan of your vids and glad to see you here.
 #79547  by adellethegreat
 Sat May 08, 2010 8:33 am
Thanks for the warm welcome! Hey Bill- fancy meetin you here :) Crazy Fingers- do you comment on Youtube- would I know your user name? Rusty- what do you play?

I used to be heavily involved in a ukulele forum but it was over run by... well... idiots. I've been missin that community feeling & I'm really hopin this can be my new forum home :)
 #79548  by czyfingers
 Sat May 08, 2010 8:47 am
Adelle, I have commented on youtube and you've commented on mine too. On youtube it's czyfingers12 and actually Bill is in those vids you commented on also.
 #79550  by adellethegreat
 Sat May 08, 2010 8:51 am
Oh yeah- Now I've got you guys on jammin in the background- Tennessee Jed. I seem to remember insisting you let me come sing with you guys & if you didn't say yes- now you totally have to cause everyone's reading this.

(and whoa exclamation points turn into music notes on this forum... anything else I should know before I become convinced that my past recreational activities have permanently screwed up my brain?)
 #79553  by Billbbill
 Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 am
adellethegreat wrote:Oh yeah- Now I've got you guys on jammin in the background- Tennessee Jed. I seem to remember insisting you let me come sing with you guys & if you didn't say yes- now you totally have to cause everyone's reading this.

(and whoa exclamation points turn into music notes on this forum... anything else I should know before I become convinced that my past recreational activities have permanently screwed up my brain?)
I wonder how far you are from crazyfingers (kevin) - he's in Pough-town - I'm an hour and change south of him. Maybe we can split the difference? Huh kev?

Yea, I've been posting here for about 5 or 6 years and I occasionally get surprised by what the little grammatical dohickies spawn! Use the preview feature and it'll help fend off those false alarm flashbacks! 8)
 #79570  by czyfingers
 Sat May 08, 2010 6:57 pm
Binghamton happens to be my home town. Although I haven't lived there since 93. I do get up that way quite a bit, because my Mom still lives there. Was in Ithaca in Feb. for the furthur show. I used to spend a lot of time there when I lived up that way. It's head heaven for sure.