rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #78818  by thunderman
 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:12 am
Hi all! Just saying hi to the board and introducing myself in the form of cliff notes

- I am a 40 year old father of 3 beautiful kids
- Been with the same girll since '92, saw around 30 shows with her
- Saw 87 shows betweeen '85 and '95...... first was 7/13/85 Ventura, last was 7/9/95 RIP Jerry
- Got to see a few shows on the famous 89 fall tour, missed the Dark Star breakout by 3 days, did get to see Help-Slip-Frank for the 2nd time since 84!
- Picked up the guitar when I was 18, dropped it at 19 when I had some scenarios happen in my life that kept me away from it
- Re-picked up guitar 1 year ago and I play it all the time, at least an hour a day
- Here I am ready to explore my guitar journey and looking forward to learning

Peace!

Thunder
 #78825  by kenneybonz
 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:28 am
howdy .. we get to eastern ark. a lot, home of rice and mosquitos.. stuttgart and humphrey.. howdy from richmond va tk
 #78826  by thunderman
 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am
HA! If you are familiar with Stutgart and Humphrey then you must be a duck hunter :-)

Thanks for the welcome dude!

Thunder
kenneybonz wrote:howdy .. we get to eastern ark. a lot, home of rice and mosquitos.. stuttgart and humphrey.. howdy from richmond va tk
 #78843  by ugly rumor
 Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 am
Some really great music and musicians have come from Arkansas, from Howlin' Wolf and Sonny Boy Williamson to Johnny Cash and Levon Helm. I guess you're next! Welcome to the forum!!
 #78847  by Good Times
 Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 am
Welcome aboard :smile:
 #78890  by kenneybonz
 Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 pm
[quote="thunderman"]HA! If you are familiar with Stutgart and Humphrey then you must be a duck hunter :-)

right on.. duck hunting and blues on the bayou meto.. went to a really awesome sonny boy wiliamson festival in helena thataway a while back...

taught my kids how to use duck callers and goose callers down there...
you are in the ozarks? tk