rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #76584  by Chasing Light Beams
 Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 pm
i love this forum so i just joined up. it's to beautiful outside to sit here and be ramblin about myself so here's this:

here's the tapelist: http://db.etree.org/pra4piec/Grateful%2 ... d%20family

here's the band: http://www.facebook.com/spaceneighbors?ref=ts

see you on the playground!
 #76616  by amyjared
 Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:27 am
Hello from Eugene! Always glad to see Oregon represented around these parts...
 #76870  by tcsned
 Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 pm
Hello Oregon!
Love that state!

I did a gig at the Butte Tavern in Eugene back in 1987 with a band called A Hole in the Ocean - are either still in existence?

welcome!!
 #76873  by tigerstrat
 Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:49 pm
Just a hop, skip and a stone's throw away here in Portland. Welcome to the asylum!
 #76934  by amyjared
 Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 am
I did a gig at the Butte Tavern in Eugene back in 1987 with a band called A Hole in the Ocean - are either still in existence?
Not to thread hijack, but no, neither are still going. I used to go to the Butte Tavern quite a bit back then, lots of Dead cover stuff and great times in a hole of a bar, but it's all boarded up and isn't anything at the moment. And the band, well, haven't heard about them in years either...
 #76959  by tcsned
 Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm
amyjared wrote:
Not to thread hijack, but no, neither are still going. I used to go to the Butte Tavern quite a bit back then, lots of Dead cover stuff and great times in a hole of a bar, but it's all boarded up and isn't anything at the moment. And the band, well, haven't heard about them in years either...
Thanks! I had a blast there, it was when Dylan & the Dead played Autzen stadium - some very funny albeit fuzzy memories of that trip.
 #76976  by boxorain
 Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 pm
Howdy from the east side of the state!

Graduated from OSU there in Corn Valley.