Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #76062  by muletrane
 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:54 pm
Hey all,

Long time fan of the music, only show from the original lineup I saw was the last show at Soldier's Field. I feel fortunate I caught even that glimpse! Also saw a kick azz show at the Gorge with Haynes and Herring. I just started lurking here a little while ago and am happy with the camaraderie. Lots of generous folk here and I hope to add what I can. I build amps as a hobby and am currently playing a BF showman clone into a JBL K120 or a D120F. I have a Collings City Limits Deluxe (kind of like a LP/Mike Stevens design) with some Throbak PG102 Limiteds. No pedals except for a hotbox clone I throw on every once in a while. I was really excited to see the excellent guides to learning the music and plan applying myself there (I only know some rhythm to Bertha :oops:). Otherwise I'm in Co Springs and would love to hook up with some heads for a jam. :cool:
 #76063  by ugly rumor
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am
Welcome!! I just got back from Colorado Springs, where we played at Copperhead Road. Pretty cool place , GORGEOUS women! I currently am playing blues, but love the Dead (first show, 1974, 100 or so since) and live in Golden. So welcome to the forum!
 #76068  by Good Times
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:26 am
Welcome aboard :smile:
 #76557  by tcsned
 Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 am
Welcome aboard! Love me some Colorado - your mountains are a lot taller than ours here in the Blue Ridge :)

How do you like the Collings? I played some of their acoustics and thought they were fantastic.