rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #69360  by Adam Deckard
 Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:09 am
Hello,

My name is Adam, Im 27 years old, and I live in Virginia with my wife and daughter. I am currently in school at VT studying electrical engineering. I thought I knew a thing or two about the grateful dead before I discovered this website. I find hours of entertainment within these pages. Thank you all for this place. I think I will stay a while.

Adam

I play acoustic and electric guitar, banjo, and the mando. I have one of each, my electric is an ibanez with the tremolo deal at the bottom. I have two fender amps one gdec and one deville 410. Gibson banjo, Epiphone Acoustic, custom mando. I have a looper I like to play with, so for the most part I play at home. I do occasionally play a gig with my dad's funkybluesgrass band.

I have a hand-me-down boss me 20 that seems to be a peice of garbage, if anyone here could give me advice on getting the best jerry tone I can with what I have, and perhaps a shopping list under 1000 that would do it I would grately appreciate it, although im sure there are forums I have not read addressing this.
Last edited by Adam Deckard on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #69362  by Good Times
 Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:14 am
Welcome and Enjoy :smile:
 #69528  by kenneybonz
 Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 pm
hi adam, from richmond... tom here.. nice to meet ya...

we will be down hanging with some huge dead fans down in bberg in late january too for a jam kinda time out in rock camp
 #69533  by wisedyes
 Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:18 am
Hey, Adam, I'm Dave, and I live in Richmond, VA. Welcome! I just bought a cheap mando to try to learn on, got any pointers?
 #70007  by Adam Deckard
 Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:06 pm
Thank you for the warm welcome!

My mando skills stop at chords and scales. Sorry man, my dad gave me the mando, and i generally just throw it down as a smaller layer on a loop or something.

Talk to you all at some point or another.

Adam
 #71453  by tcsned
 Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:13 pm
kenneybonz wrote:hi adam, from richmond... tom here.. nice to meet ya...

we will be down hanging with some huge dead fans down in bberg in late january too for a jam kinda time out in rock camp
lol - do you know Seth? My band is playing this party in Rock Camp. He's good people.

Hey Adam, it's Tom from The Kind!!!