rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #69224  by beaner
 Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:02 pm
beaner here, and kind of new to this forum as well. Love playin' bass to the Dead and have been viewing this board for quite a while. Feels like a safe place to be and find out really cool stuff. Thanks for having me.

bb
 #69256  by beaner
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:47 pm
I'm a bit embarrassed as to how many of my posts showed up. I did not realize how this works. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.
 #69258  by willmusic
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Billbbill wrote:Welcome beaner! Beaner makes me think of that Cheech and Chong movie where they do the beaner song :lol:

Good to have you! :cheers:

"Beanerrrs'll... kick ya in the face!!" :D :lol: :D :lol: Ha, love that part!
This is a kind place indeed. Welcome!
 #69259  by Billbbill
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm
Will man, you moved me to look for this - and sure enough

one other line you can hear while the scene focuses on cheech on the phone - "beaners! Eat a lot of fish!" :lol:
 #69261  by beaner
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:36 pm
Chong looks a bit like Jerry in the good years
 #69262  by willmusic
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:38 pm
beaner wrote:Chong looks a bit like Jerry in the good years
There's the scene in Nice Dreams where they're in the Chinese restaurant and the woman comes up thinking Chong is Jerry Garcia and he says he isn't. Cheech says "Yeah he is.... and I'm Santana, man!" The lady says "You have a beautiful tan, man." I think I need to go watch that sometime soon.
 #69264  by jdsmodulus
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm
willmusic wrote:
beaner wrote:Chong looks a bit like Jerry in the good years
There's the scene in Nice Dreams where they're in the Chinese restaurant and the woman comes up thinking Chong is Jerry Garcia and he says he isn't. Cheech says "Yeah he is.... and I'm Santana, man!" The lady says "You have a beautiful tan, man." I think I need to go watch that sometime soon.
That woman is Jerilyn Brandelius and the people in the background at the table are dead family. That is some funny stuff!
 #69265  by Billbbill
 Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:13 pm
This is a trip! Here's the best I could do in a pinch for the 'Jerry Garcia" scene from nice dreams - but it's dubbed in Russian! At least I think it's Russian - When the lady talks they don't even bother to use a Russian lady - pretty funny.

#69266  by jackr
 Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:03 am
Welcome to the forum Beaner! You we pretty accurate, this is a safe place to be with really cool stuff!

I think it is the first time I heard somebody say that it is a "safe" place to be. After thinking about that I realized for example that I have seen a bunch of videos from beginners and they were always met with encouragement and praise. No judgment, just helpful tips, etc.

Once in a while there are a few squabbles but they don't last long and they are very infrequent unlike other boards I have been on.
 #69368  by Good Times
 Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:50 am
Beaner, welcome to this kind place :smile:
 #69480  by Duhigg
 Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm
I always dug the Save the Whales protest song. (Save them big fat funky whales...but shoot the seals...)

Oh yeah welcome Beaner! Your not related to Carlos Mencia by chance? :lol: :cheers: