rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #68245  by 540EYE
 Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:44 pm
Hello all........freshly registered member here. I have been following this board for quite a while though. I am a home-tinkerer by nature---I take nearly everything apart to see how it works or backwards-engineer "something better"........sure......

I was reading the section on speaker cabinets and noticed how much demand there is for the speaker clips. It is apparent that some folks have built some extremely nice cabinets in the Hard Trucker's genre, demonstrating some very admirable carpentry skills!

I made a bunch of aluminum clips from bar stock using the woodworking tools in my "shop".........

Anyone with decent basic woodworking skills can do the same--aluminum works very much like hardwood. Use safety glasses and common sense like anything else when using power tools !!

Anyhow, I posted [2] methods I used in the Equipment pages under the Speaker Cabinet heading, in case anyone wants to give it a try. Don't be intimidated because it is metal !! It's a bit time consuming, but when completed you'll have clips !!

Once again, Hello out there..........glad to be part of great community.

GERV* (oOO\(IIII)(IIII)/OOo)
 #68249  by 540EYE
 Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:32 pm
My pleasure.............I learned so much here, I figured it's time to give back.

I'm also a gear junkie and much of my recently acquired "necessities" were purchased using this forum as a guide.......still don't have enough though............
 #68256  by NashvilleMike
 Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:17 pm
He showed up with a gift...classy!
 #68259  by waldo041
 Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 pm
welcome, and thanks for the lesson!

peace,
waldo