rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #66030  by rdavidd
 Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 pm
I was in SF for a while in the 60s & saw a lot of groups, but I seemed to gravitate to eventually preferring the Dead and have been following their music ever since. I just moved to Charlotte from the Chicago area where I moved to from Charlotte back in '90. I have have played bass since I was 15 & only picked up rhythm and lead later on. I played professionally for a lot of years (one group named The Electric Underground in the late 60s) until I got into computers in the late 70s. I still have 5 guitars (an acoustic Ovation bass & a Fender Jazz bass, a Peavey 6 string electric, a Gibson hollow-body electric, & a basic acoustic 6 string) and 3 amps. I was playing bass with friends (Rust Belt Rangers) on weekends in small bars on the Illinois prairie until I moved. We did mostly Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, and a lot of originals.
 #66033  by amyjared
 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 pm
Another North Cackalakey head! Welcome. Many great heads in Charlotte. I used to live in NC, and still visit every other year, but in Chapel Hill. Did live in Davidson for a short spell. Enjoy!