rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #63569  by chris
 Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 pm
Hello kind folks my name is chris and i love the dead and this site. I play guitar an acoustic martin dx1k not very good but i enjoy it. Kind of thinking of buying an electric soon. Just a cheap one for around the house. Any suggestions would be appreciated I dont know much about electrics. I'm into lots of different kinds of music mostly the dead and bluegrass but I also like blues, jazz and pretty much whatever turns my ear. My wife is in a bluegrass band with her brother and they are pretty good. You can check them out on myspace if your into bluegrass just search flat out bluegrass. And no i'm not making a pitch for the band just want to share some good music. I also want to say thank you for this web site to the person or people who make it possible. Well recon I'll look around some more before bed time and thanks again for this great site. Chris..
 #63586  by amyjared
 Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:11 pm
Hey there. Where are you in NC? For recommendations, I think the Fender Strat's are a good starter, even the cheaper ones play nicely and feel good. It depends upon what you plan to do with it, as well. With an electric, you'll also need a decent amp and an effect pedal or two. It's a neverending purchase!! Anyhow,welcome to the site.
 #63590  by ian
 Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:51 pm
hello
i,m currently in Raeford NC at least for 9 more months
where about are you
 #63592  by chris
 Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 pm
I am from Anson county N.C. it's about 50 some odd miles east of Charlotte n.c. out in the boon docks.