rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #60253  by Highballin'
 Sat May 02, 2009 7:10 am
Glad to be here. I love this Forum and surrounding area. Started listening to the Dead when I was about 18, slowly evolved into a Head. Saw the Dead only once, Buffalo 1990. Still didn't have the proper ears. Fast forward to 2001, I was truck driving, and sitting in my Truck getting ready to rest for the night. A few miles south of Greenville,SC. Caught a lil' buzz, flippin' through the radio---stumbled upon the GDHour.(not the first time-just the right time)Sat there listening, in the warm Southern Air, Jerry was riffing up some tune(can't remember which one) that's when I was finally hit by the Lightning Bolt. My collection of Grateful Dead, and JGB began to grow exponentially. I also have always been heavily into Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, Hot Tuna, Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, Floyd, Zep, and all the other "good stuff".
I try to play a little guitar. I'm just learning. Got some chords down. I run an SG Standard, or a Strat 62' Reissue through a clean Fender Deluxe with extension cabinent.
 #60311  by amyjared
 Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 am
Welcome! Glad you "found your way". Lots of nice folks here...I too am playing through a Fender Deluxe, and love it. Enjoy!
 #60366  by jackr
 Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 am
welcome to the forum. If you are learning to play guitar, this is a great resource. You'll find some excellent and giving people here.
 #60412  by Highballin'
 Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 am
Billbbill wrote:Hey now! Welcome to our Oasis.

:smile:
Thanks alot you guys. Bill that was you playing Dire Wolf on another post right? One of my favorite tunes.
I have already found tons of stuff on here to learn with. I have a long way to go. Peace-out. :smile:
 #60429  by Billbbill
 Wed May 06, 2009 7:38 am
Highballin' wrote:
Billbbill wrote:Hey now! Welcome to our Oasis.

:smile:
Thanks alot you guys. Bill that was you playing Dire Wolf on another post right? One of my favorite tunes.
I have already found tons of stuff on here to learn with. I have a long way to go. Peace-out. :smile:
Yea that's moi. A bunch of stuff here at my youtube page as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/billbbill

Much of it has links under the vid description back to here for some discussion. Like the DW thread you stumbled onto.