rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #58685  by willwadd
 Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm
Hey everybody,
My names Will, I'm from Chicago and very interested in playing Dead around here. Anyone around the south side play any Dead? I'm looking to jam.
 #58750  by tigerstrat
 Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:00 pm
every Thursday in April: Dead Night @ Harte's Saloon, 99th & Artesian, Evergreen Park, IL

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... =12,0,,0,5

Jim Farmer: "myself, Jack Pieroth, Dave Waterman, Anthony Massarro, and Barry Brown.......w/ some alternates. This is NOT a jam night however........The band will be the same lineup for the most part."

I'm planning on attending during my Chicago trip, 4/23.
 #58765  by strumminsix
 Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:22 am
tigerstrat wrote: I'm planning on attending during my Chicago trip, 4/23.
Let me know if you are going for sure and I'll join you!
 #58824  by Good Times
 Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 am
Welcome aboard :smile:
 #61226  by parr0th3ad88
 Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm
I just moved out to the S/SW suburbs too :-/ looking for some Deadhead/Hippie bars.

Really just somewhere mellow to go hang out.
 #61255  by alcorelectric
 Tue May 26, 2009 1:02 pm
Hey PH,
Not sure about dead bars, but there are a couple places to catch some free live music
Orland Park, and Tinley Park have "Music in the Park' throughout the summer
Bring a lawn chair, beverages and food they will supply the music.
Also, Tinley Parks Old Town area has alot of bars with live music
HTH
T
 #61257  by tigerstrat
 Tue May 26, 2009 1:11 pm
I would fully recommend the above posted Harte's Saloon Thursday Dead Night. Jim The Drummer & Friends rocked out a lot of good stuff, no slackers they. And it was a pretty friendly atmosphere, with a handy smoking tent outside (full on midwest storm raging at the time)...skimpy beer selection but I am spoiled.

My main complaint was that when I sat in (strictly an exception, not an "open" jam) they gave NO opportunity to tune up... just launched into a tune as I walked onstage... fuckrs! (not you Jim, thanks a ton for trying)
 #61261  by strumminsix
 Tue May 26, 2009 1:48 pm
tigerstrat wrote:I would fully recommend the above posted Harte's Saloon Thursday Dead Night. Jim The Drummer & Friends rocked out a lot of good stuff, no slackers they. And it was a pretty friendly atmosphere, with a handy smoking tent outside (full on midwest storm raging at the time)...skimpy beer selection but I am spoiled.

My main complaint was that when I sat in (strictly an exception, not an "open" jam) they gave NO opportunity to tune up... just launched into a tune as I walked onstage... fuckrs! (not you Jim, thanks a ton for trying)
Speaking of fuckrs! Um, I told ya I woulda driven down there?!
 #61269  by tigerstrat
 Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 pm
strumminsix wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:I would fully recommend the above posted Harte's Saloon Thursday Dead Night. Jim The Drummer & Friends rocked out a lot of good stuff, no slackers they. And it was a pretty friendly atmosphere, with a handy smoking tent outside (full on midwest storm raging at the time)...skimpy beer selection but I am spoiled.

Speaking of fuckrs! Um, I told ya I woulda driven down there?!
arrgh, sorry about that, Nick. It was pretty touch and go for me that evening and I dont think I got out my door until after 10pm. I've got a few friends peeved at me from not getting together with them this last visit, but that's how it goes with a 20 month old kid sometimes. I'll be back in August- let's make a point of getting together. I'll probably go ahead and bring a guitar next time too, much easier than borrowing one (for a lefty).
 #61270  by strumminsix
 Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm
tigerstrat wrote:arrgh, sorry about that, Nick. It was pretty touch and go for me that evening and I dont think I got out my door until after 10pm. I've got a few friends peeved at me from not getting together with them this last visit, but that's how it goes with a 20 month old kid sometimes. I'll be back in August- let's make a point of getting together. I'll probably go ahead and bring a guitar next time too, much easier than borrowing one (for a lefty).
No worries, Tom! I see only too often the struggles with little ones. And I'm sure I'm lower on your visit list being so far from "home". August for sure!!!