rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #58234  by drkstrcrashes
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 pm
Helloo, Im a new user, known as ruk777 at gearheads. hi to all who have known me. I always try to be on my best behavior. I am a bus rider of 30+ years. I play jerry style and have been studying his technique for that many years. Chicago....I collect vintage amps, travis bean guitars, and all that good stuff. I hope your wisdom can guide me to a higher place!
-peace,
John
 #58246  by drkstrcrashes
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 pm
hey, you can call me ruk. That should identify me to some. Hey, how do you guys get a photo to be on your moniker?
Thanks!
(Let me know if people want me to post a link to my photo-site of gear and dead pix. I am a gear-a-holic, and love to photograph my electronics but don't want to seem like a show off. =`-)
 #58247  by milobender
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:55 pm
I don't think you can choose your icon til you've had some number of posts... maybe 500? Can't remember now... I think you ought to post your links so everyone can see your stuff :cool:
 #58250  by drkstrcrashes
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:13 pm
OK milobender....bend my milo! As for the moniker, I will just have to become a babbler here. Anyways, here is a link to my photo-site. Any vintage gear freaks will love it, and if you are a deadhead, it will be twice the fun! This should be fun because i can see the count of how many views each photo gets. here's the studio:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62767557@N00/
 #58251  by tigerstrat
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm
welcome, ol' chum.

User Control Panel (in upper left)> Profile (left menu)> Edit SIGNATURE (left menu)...then input the url where your pic is hosted offsite
 #58253  by drkstrcrashes
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 pm
no, I just had to hear for myself first hand what all this stuff did. I started with one rare pedal. An Oberheim Sample/Filter Hold. Ended up selling that to Slash (photo's in there somewhere of us)...then started buying amps one at a time, meeting new people who had deals, then got into the Travis Bean thing hard. They are my favorites because they are so easy/fun to play and sound so good, to put it in a nutshell.
I'm going to keep blasting away because I want an AvATAR!
-peace

#58254  by drkstrcrashes
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 pm
HEY! Tigerstrat! hey, we just unearthed a bunch of old Stephen's Answer pictures! Got as far back as Winnetka youth center up to Gabes Oasis! A bunch of us tripping hippies. Those were the days!

Hey, what would you guys say an Alembic F2b is worth? A guy local has one that is serial # 30. I am tempted because I want to pair it with a Butler Audio power amp and 2x12" JBL D120s. Is $700 too much?
Thanks,
-peace
 #58255  by drkstrcrashes
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 pm
I think Im trippin'. my moniker avatar keeps changing. Now im Vince Welnic
(By the way, anyone see the movie called, "Ladies and gentlemen, the Incredible Stains"? Vince is in the main band and he o.d.s in the movie. A cult classic. tons of footage of Vince duing the Tubes era. He plays guitar and wears his wrap around glasses.
 #58259  by Shuxter
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:41 pm
drkstrcrashes wrote:I think Im trippin'. my moniker avatar keeps changing. Now im Vince Welnic
Keep posting. You'll be Jerry in no time...