rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #29748  by Chuckles
 Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:15 pm
Longtime luker just registered. Love the site.

Been playing for almost 30 years, not seriously till the last 15. Finally - FINALLY - after being in various bar bands, have one that focuses on Dead material.

I'm located in Washington, DC and have been playing a vintage'73 Tele Deluxe through a Tube Driver combo, but just bought a MC400 that I gigged with last week - pretty cool axe.

Well, now that I'm registered and all, I guess I can start in with the questions... and maybe even contribute an answer or two.
:-)
 #29767  by willmusic
 Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:54 pm
Always glad to meet folks from nearby. I'm in Richmond VA, so I'm literally down the road from you. Been playin' Dead for a while myself. I love LOVE Jerry and Bobby songs equally, but my style is dominantly Bobby-ish, a 70/30 ratio if I had to guess. Hit me up if you want to jam sometime.

#29768  by Chuckles
 Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:12 am
Hey, will, thanks for the comeback. I'd love to jam, but I can only get together with my bandmates every two or three weeks as it is... we're all a bunch of 40-somethings with young kids. But if a gap in the never-ending schedule of baseball/softball/gymnastics/soccer/birthday parties/tae kwon do/drama club/&tc ever opens up, you'll be among the first to know! :lol:

#29808  by wisedyes
 Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:48 pm
Hey, I'm in Richmond tooooo! So if either one of ya's wants to get together, please hit me up! Also down here is kenneybonz out in Glen Allen - I've already met him and his wifey and they are extremely kind folks.

Yeah, I know how you fell about the schedule thing. Of course, in my case, the tae kwon do also consists of my own training. That being said, I am DEFINITELY in the market for something to happen musically ( hint hint ).
 #55069  by lost sailor
 Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:10 am
Hey DC -- I'm across the river from you in Arlington -- I play Bobby and Jerry tunes and love them both equally
if you ever want to jam -- let me know -- I have a strange schedule though we might be able to work something out.