rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #29489  by Mr.Charlie
 Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 pm
Hey guys, been a lurker here for a while, but decided to actually register for real and possibly engage in some discussion. So yeah, I play guitar, I've got a Takamine eg330sc, acoustic/electic, been playing it for about 3 years now, so by no means am I that good, but i'm working at it. However, I'm a huge deadhead, I would consider myself a member of the church of 12/29/77, however, I wasn't at the show, considering I'm only 24, but...that show (Dick's Picks 10 to be exact) changed my life, along with 9/10/91, 5/25/77 (the Mosque) and a few tapes my sister gave me from her days on tour. From there, I've listend to countless hours, and you know the drill... But anyway, Im working to improve my playing, but I'm so busy (I'm in medical school) so taking the time is tough, but I believe its worth it. Nothing's more relaxing than either a.) listening to the dead or b.) playing some dead yourself...so yeah, that's my hello.

#29494  by krzykat
 Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:22 pm
Mr. Charlie welcome Here! now I have that song stuck in my head gonna scare ya up and shoot you cuz Mr. Charlie told me so